Weekly Dev Log for April 22nd, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for April 22nd, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for April 22nd, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since April 12th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.7.2.0

Last week, we released Update 0.7.2.0, which added an Easter event, as well as a PAK version of the game, which can extremely reduce loading times. You can read all about this here.

Minigolf: Garden Graphical Upgrade

@Johanna continued working on the graphical upgrade to the Minigolf map, Garden.

Minigolf: Garden - Old Hole 10 WIP

Minigolf: Garden - New Hole 10 WIP

Minigolf: Garden - Graphical Overhaul Overview WIP

Minigolf: Alpine - Graphical Upgrade

@Johanna started working on a graphical upgrade to the Minigolf map, Alpine.

Minigolf: Alpine - New Hole Indicators WIP

Minigolf: Alpine - New Scenery WIP

Minigolf: Alpine - Graphical Overhaul Overview WIP

Zombie Massacre: Village Progress

@Johanna continued working on the new Village map for Zombie Massacre, which will introduce a new boss.

Zombie Massacre: Village - Overview 1 WIP

Zombie Massacre: Village - Overview 2 WIP

Zombie Massacre: Village - Boss Area WIP

Fishing Progress

@macdguy worked on various aspects concerning Fishing last week and this week.

Fishing: Fish Emotes WIP

Fish Emotes were added to indicate how various fish are feeling about the bobber, if they’ve been scared off, or if they’re interested.

Fishing: Various Fish WIP

All the fish animal items were defined and added into the game and their AI created per animal.

Fishing: Successful Minigame WIP

Since last week, the minigame was adjusted based on testing feedback to ensure you can always easily see the stress of the line and the progress of the catch without having to look down at the bars below.

Fishing: Failed Minigame WIP

Fishing: Beta Gameplay WIP

The gameplay has also been tested in a multiplayer environment and is being polished all around.

Fishing and Arcade Items

@joshua continued working on fishing items (above row) and arcade items (bottom row).

Fishing and Arcade Items

Misc

@Lifeless began working on a map for Accelerate. Accelerate is now beginning development as the vehicle base was started on.

@macdguy finished the Plaza player group system, which will be used for both Fishing and Private Theaters, among other things.

We also addressed several bugs that have been recently reported.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since April 12th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

32 Likes

Nice

Alright this looks radical.

дAa

Pog

I need this

10 Likes

Fishing looks hella good

Why are we still here?
Just to suffer?

1 Like

‘fishing ai’ rookie mistake mac, fish are supposed to go in the water, not in the air.

2 Likes

I don’t know, it looks like fish are supposed to be in the air to me.

would be sick if eventually you guys add workshop fish

oh my god workshop fish
this sounds like a giant waste of development time but I lowkey want it

yess more plushies! :heart_eyes:

All these fish are sure to bring the underwater condo to life

Please let this be the update to include water cubes

5 Likes

The fish emotes are actually adorable

2 Likes

so will it not be possible to put the fish into the fish tanks in the lobby 1 condo or suite, or even more better around the underwater condo?

1 Like

I’m so excited to have a shark friend in my Underwater condo. I really love the shark plushie too! It’d be good to have some empty aquariums too so we can add the decor ourselves

I’ll admit, I wasn’t that hype for fishing at first. I was worried about lack of variety or poor controls… But seeing the work in progress videos in the dev logs? I think it’s safe to say it’s going to take up more of my time than I’d like to admit. :+1:

WE CAN CATCH SEALS???

3 Likes

Not specifically catch, the large sea creatures you’ll have to fish up sea dollars which can be spent on buying some of our larger fishy friends. In mac’s words “It’d be a bit cruel to fish up a whale, wouldn’t it”

1 Like