Weed in TU/ General discussion

He’s right Marijuana is not a drug, it’s a flower, THC on the other hand IS a drug and it’s the active ingredient in Marijuana.

1 Like

I know bro… Friends tell me the same thing. I’m defiantly gonna do it sometime before school starts. :smiley:

Heroin comes from the poppy plant. Guess it’s not a drug either right? LSD comes from morning glory seeds, so it’s not a drug either, right? Drugs don’t exist, guys. Everything’s just nature, man.

/Sarcam.

Marijuana itself is not a drug. THC is the active ingredient in marijuana and when heated acts as a drug. Drugs are not good nor bad. A drug is something that changes the way the human body and mentality functions. Also, LSD does not come from morning glory seeds. Google is your friend bro :smiley:

1 Like

Just my two cents, if there’s beer in the game, which you can interact with, get drunk, and barf everywhere, whats with the opposition to Marijuana?

You can’t play the “bad influence to kids” card when there intractable alcohol in the game. It’s not like we are talking about letting players shoot up heroin or snort cocaine.

Most of it’s that marijuana’s illegal while alcohol is legal. I know that ESRB bumps ratings up to T when there’s tobacco and/or alcohol use, so possibly also because Tower Unite won’t be able to keep it’s T rating if they include marijuana (since it would classify as “Use of Drugs,” which all illegal drugs fall under).

Do realize that Tower Unite, to my knowledge, doesn’t need to and isn’t going to file for a ESRB rating. You don’t need one to get on Steam, so I don’t see the restriction. Also remember, America isn’t the only country in the world, and marijuana is legal in other countries.

Found here. I honestly don’t really care whether it gets added or not, so long as it’s treated with the same attitude as the devs used for beer.

1 Like

AIMING FOR. Not filing for. There is a difference.

Regardless, as ESRB ratings are given on a per game basis, I still do not see the problem with having a drug in the game, while there is Alcohol. Regardless of legality, which lets face it really, doesn’t matter in the slightest in what we are talking about. You can have drugs in games on Steam. Because there is Alcohol, the argument of “corrupting children” is thrown out. I don’t see a problem with it.

Edit: I’m not a drug user (never have, never will) and don’t honestly care if the feature is included or not. Just debating logic.

I’ve said it before, but weed has been given a really annoying reputation among the internet. I’m sure you’ve noticed, no?
Adding it to the game would just seem like a gimmick.
Alcohol, on the other hand, isn’t associated with stupid internet jokes and doesn’t have a bad reputation in that particular sense.

I mainly don’t want to deal with people who go, “HURR HURR WEED LMAO XD!!!”

3 Likes

I can say the inclusion of beer that lets you get drunk and barf all over the place “for the lulz” is also a gimmick.

Don’t people already do that with the beer?

1 Like

I think the general consensus is that it would violate the aim of going for a T rating, usage of drugs is set for M whereas reference is for T

I get the general consensus, I’m just saying the consensus is based on flawed logic. They are going for a T rating, and I get and respect that. But using that as “possible reason” they won’t add it is stupid. I see people talking here like they can’t do it because then Tower Unite WONT get the T rating, failing to understand that the comment was never about getting a T rating, just basing the game around the T rating. Doesn’t mean we have to follow a strict guideline for an imaginary rating. I dunno, maybe I’m the dummy, but the argument sounds flawed to me.

Yes they do, and I think that is more of a gamble in the sense that either people will go along with it and treat it like nothing out of the ordinary or it will become “GUISE LOOK IM SNOOP DOGG LOLOLOLOL 420 BLAZE ITTTTTTT MLG 420 FEDORA LOLOLOL”

I’d definitely agree with that.

What’s wrong with that? Your going to have that when children play the game. Doesn’t stop Voice Chat from doing it now with the beer, which is why I turned of Voice Chat long ago.

true, I think the amount of kids will go down once it’s no longer a free mod for gmod which they play becaue their favorite youtube video is gmod idiot box. lol.

Don’t underestimate the power of children. The minute a popular youtuber does a video of Tower Unite, it will happen all over again. Mark my words.

2 Likes

I bet you’re right, I’m mostly making assumptions from when I was a kid, which was a different time.

Luckily, for those who feel annoyed by the kids can always go to a different server or make their own private server.

1 Like