Weather (originally from Steam Discussions)

From what I can remember, the devs said a long time ago that the condo is canonically some kind of pocket dimension, which explains the beach. Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, people have already done some pretty awesome things with all that extra space, so why take it away from them?

To get back on topic, weather would be pretty rad to have. Rain is obviously a must, but snow would be awesome as well, “realism” be damned. It would be especially neato if it came with other cosmetic changes, like snowy trees and icicles hanging off buildings.

5 Likes

Where is that picture from? It looks really nice.

1 Like
2 Likes

Having realistic weather would be a great feature i think, However i think it could create issues with some peoples experience with things such as lag and frame drops.

If it was to be added, They would have to make it a client side feature that people can either have on or off, in the setting or somewhere like that. This is because rain and snow can be to much to render, Doing this therefore wouldn’t ruin other peoples game-play experience.

However, i would love to see a weather system with all the weathers out there, I would even love to see different types of weather with things such as rain from a light drizzle to a full on storm!

Physics of the weather also would be awesome to see such as for snow and puddles? It will all be a great add!

LAH

Yup, original Weather guy here coming back in support of it. Seems like a right necessity for the game, honestly.

I actually love rain and cringe whenever people apply negative stigmas to it. Agree with your post.[quote=“LAH, post:24, topic:12683”]
If it was to be added, They would have to make it a client side feature that people can either have on or off, in the setting or somewhere like that. This is because rain and snow can be to much to render, Doing this therefore wouldn’t ruin other peoples game-play experience.
[/quote]

I do agree that Weather should be implemented as a feature embedded in a client’s options just in case your machine can’t handle it. However, I don’t think you should limit the development of your game for the off chance that machines can’t handle a feature. I get it’s hard for devs to strike a balance, but I’d rather get a balance than a full on binary yes or no result.