Waiting for gamemode to start activities

In GMT we had the pre-match holes for minigolf when waiting for everyone to join. I’d love to see these re-implemented but also for other gamemodes it could be a possibility. This is what I thought of:

For Minigolf: waiting-holes (I don’t really know what to call them)
For Ballrace: A part of course with all kinds of obstacles which you can choose from but without finish
For Planet Panic: A deathmatch without orbs
For Virus: A deathmatch without infected

You would enter the pre-match phase as soon as you press ready. Let me know what you guys think.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that some of the maps for Minigolf do have the practise hole at the beginning, but it doesn’t work during waiting for players.

3 Likes

These maps were used during the early alphas when practice was still a thing. When the ready up system was put into place, they kind of became useless since you never really get to play in them.

I personally think there should be a way to bring them back - probably take the player there after the user has pressed ready on the waiting for players prompt. :grinning:

2 Likes

For virus or planet panic they need 4 players to start the game so maybe they can practice while waiting. I do find it annoying when you have 3/4 players and it is such a boring wait.