VR controls broken on SteamVR devices [0.16.7.0]

in the current release of [0.16.7.0] my VR controls do not work, i tried launching the game after launching steamVR and letting the game launch it but none fix the issue, i even went into the regular game and reset my character to a default human just in case but that didn’t work either.
i used the default input profile in steam for both index and vive wands separately and none passed through any inputs. if i went over to my keyboard i was able to move using wasd. also once i was able to hover my laser over the menu, the buttons would highlight but none of them i could press

additionally i tried looking at the input bindings in steamVR but all looked alright to me

Steps to Reproduce

launch the game in VR mode with index controllers (or any other steamVR controllers)

What I expected to happen

being able to use my controllers for movement and other input

What happened

my character could only stand in place and none of the UI was interactable, also the hand menu i was never able to open either

I realize this feature is in alpha and that there are bound to be bugs but since on the trello the index integration has been checked off i thought it would be best to report this

1 Like