Virus Singleplayer

This is probably a niche suggestion, but I would enjoy if there was a way to go into Virus maps and just wander around, maybe get all the guns and have a toggle for zombie mode or something. There’s already a singleplayer button, but for Virus and Chimera, they just kinda lead to a “not enough players” dead end. It’s hard to get enough people together for Virus, and I can get into this mood where I want to just vibe on the map for a hot minute. I could ramble on a lot longer, but that’s the gist of it!

I agree. I’ve honestly thought about having a free roam mode in Virus for quite some time.

3 Likes

I actually made a post about having bots in a game if you do not have enough friends to play a game on Virus. It sucks and is mostly the reason why not a lot of people play Virus…

2 Likes

There should be at least be a spectator mode on waiting for a game to start. Such a thing should also be available in Little Crusader and in the upcoming SDNL and Planet Panic.

There’s a practice mode while waiting for players planned, it’s listed in this roadmap page: https://trello.com/c/lIIyx8aK

I agree that having bots/CPU for a game like Virus would be cool, but that’s a LOT of work and balancing to get up and running… I could see that being like a big feature whereas my suggestion is a much smaller feature. I know the roadmap for 2023 is pretty stacked but I like to think that a singleplayer/free roam mode for Virus would be small enough that it could sneak into a larger update along the way

I didn’t know this task existed, thanks for bringing it up! I could totally see that providing the experience I’m looking for

I believe that nothing is impossible. I mean I never expected emulation to happen in TU yet it happen. I definitely think the dev team could do it.

I really do believe this should happen and so with my bot suggestion post as well. I just do not understand why you need 4 players to start a game of Virus when Little crusaders is just like Virus except there is only one enemy and you only need 2 players to start that minigame. I believe it should come right down to 2 players just like Little Crusaders.