Various Volume Blocks

with condo i/o now in development, i think it’d be extremely important for some new volume blocks to be implemented to develop in your condo further !
i’ve had a few ideas so i’ve thrown some of them into this suggestion,

Push Volume
a volume that pushes the player in a given direction with controls that allow you to change how much it pushes you, etc . this could also be hooked up through condo i/o to be able to toggle it on and off

Kill Volume
self explanatory, a volume that kills you on touch

Post-Processing(?) Volume
a volume that, whenever the player enters, will add chosen overlays or effects to their screen (ex: underwater overlay)

Culling Volume - similar to the “black boxes” underneath the plaza that house the interiors of various buildings, anything inside of this volume does not get rendered if you are outside of it (with an option to make it visible/invisible perhaps?)
[thank you @darkmessenger84 for the suggestion!]

i would have included things like triggers, fishing volumes, water volumes but i believe these have already been talked about b4 & may potentially be planned(?)

if anyone has any more ideas please leave a comment!

this suggestion is awesome

1 Like

I’ve said this before in the Discord but I also think it would be cool if we had something like Room/Location Volumes that people could use to mark off an area in the game as a location in the scoreboard and HUD, and it would help people who like to make builds past the main area of the map or on Smooth Dirt where the entire area they’re building in is one location like “Outdoors” on Resort or “Dirt” on Smooth Dirt.

7 Likes

ohh yeah absolutely

What about extending it to support a progressive kill, like you could adjust how fast you’re dying, from instant to few seconds later, like walking on fire for a bit, then dead.

1 Like

i was thinking about that, maybe it could be similar to hammers kill triggers where it applies (x) amount of damage every (y)

making a kill zone could be as simple as clicking a toggle or setting the damage and frequency really high

that’d probably be a much better idea than instant death since it could be used in many more situations

1 Like

Here’s my suggestions:-

• Fog Volume - Draws basic Distance Fog, and you can change its properties eg. density, colour, etc.
  • Culling Volume - Anything inside of this volume does not get rendered if you are outside of it
  • Water Volume - Different from the aquarium volume, in that you can swim inside of it, @loley already talks of this being discussed before
  • Kill Volume - Again loley already suggested
3 Likes

i was really wanting culling volumes for a while! i just. kind of forgot to put it in the forum post… ty!

Okay here’s some extra suggestions:

• Collision Volume, editing it shows three different collision tickboxes, allowing you to specify what collisions it blocks. The three collisions are: Interaction, Players, NPCs + Physics Items. Using these settings you can create boundaries that players are blocked from but can interact through (such as NPC windows or projectors that are out of bounds).
  • Seating Volume, unlike other Volumes, this one essentially an invisible chair. This would allow for players to build custom seats using Canvas or Workshop items (or just allow them to sit in places like on counters or rocks).
3 Likes