Various Pogo Stick suggestions

The pogo stick isn’t really fully what I expected it to be so I decided to make a forum post detailing what I’d fix/add to it.

Controls

The controls aren’t terrible but I really feel like tapping spacebar isn’t as good as being able to hold it to charge your power enabling you to jump higher/further.

Turning is also pretty tedious because if you try using WASD without pressing space bar you just lean, meaning you can’t just bounce on the spot while rotating to turn. You have to do a U-turn every time you want to slightly rotate yourself which is not great when you’re in a tight space.

Sounds

I’m not sure if this is a bug or oversight but the pogo stick has no sounds whatsoever. You can’t hear yourself launching and there’s no sound for when you hit the ground. I actually had to check my sound settings to make sure it wasn’t down because I was so jarred by the lack of sound while jumping.

Colors

There’s a color setting for the pogo stick but it doesn’t change color at all. It’s a pretty small thing but it’d be nice to have.

Explanation video:

Please leave your thoughts in the replies because I’ve never actually interacted with a real pogo stick so I’m not exactly sure how these things are supposed to work.

One thing that really bugs me is that when you jump, you go into the air, and the springy part goes up with you. Shouldn’t you be going down first, and then springing into the air?

3 Likes

This was one issue I noticed when I was putting the sounds in.

1 Like

i think it would be better if i just jumped constantly while holding down space, i hate spamming space every time i wanna jump while keeping the momentum, just feels so un rewarding to keep spamming space to go forwards for the pogo to only not jump quick enough and lose all its speed

1 Like