Ultimate cow wheel might need to significantly raise its payout

it’s known that that game is 20 tokens to play, however, playing this is a complete pain when it comes to delay, few plates, and slow spinning.

first of all, you can look at how many winning plates there are.

next, one of the fresh capture to prove hogging on this game doesn’t exist:

in general, this game has too low in chances to win any tickets compared to all others, even worse than wheel of fire when it was at 20 tokens a try.

for now, what i can think of is suggesting this cabinet to

1. slightly increase the number of pucks (by like 3~4 in total), especially the ones with higher payouts.
  2. speed up the movement, so it won’t take more than 3 seconds just to move the arm.
  3. instead of 4 tries, add some pucks that give you +1 or +2 bonus pulls.
  4. if possible, drop the cost per play to 10.
  5. replace 10-ticket pucks with 200.

You can get pretty good tickets as long as you aim for the 100, 500, and letter pucks. I’d like if there were a couple more pulls (maybe 5 per game?) or if the 10 and 20 ticket pucks were replaced with higher valued ones, though.

2 Likes

yes, but sometimes any ping delay will ruin the case. the best case is to aim the high values, but often it won’t come out when it was supposed to.

I was in a pretty laggy plaza whenever I played cow wheel but I was able to time the pulls right most of the time. I dunno how bad your ping mightve been, though.

my ping is like 110ms. however, the case is like hogging didn’t even exist.

i played cow wheel and got 7500 tickets from one game lmao

HOW m

my only nitpick for cow wheel is that people can literally rob your one last letter if you’re trying to spell out milk for the achievement and you gotta find them all over again, and another person comes in and robs you again.

i don’t mind if someone got the last letter, but does it HAVE to delete the letters
for everyone?

seriously…?

1 Like

It’s meant to be a competition for who can spell out milk first which I really like personally, it makes the game feel a lot more exciting if you’re playing with other people. I get how it can be annoying if you’re playing alone and someone else just walks up to the machine and gets the last letter before you though

1 Like

thats the thing…

you want to play alone so you can get the achievement and not worried getting disturbed or cheated, it’s now almost impossible to play on less populated server until the hype of the arcade phase 2 has tone down.

competition is fine

but tied to a specific achievement?

i don’t know about that in my opinion.

There are tons of achievements directly tied to competition (the achievement for stealing someone’s score in planetary piano, winning games of bowling/trivia/etc, every single achievement for game worlds involving getting first place). I don’t really think it’s a huge deal, and it’s going to become much easier to play alone once the hype for the new machines dies down.

2 Likes

There are tons of achievements directly tied to competition (the achievement for stealing someone’s score in planetary piano, winning games of bowling/trivia/etc, every single achievement for game worlds involving getting first place).

yes, which is why i tried to avoid and don’t bother getting them because i’m not into competition and rather get it by efforts.

it’s going to become much easier to play alone once the hype for the new machines dies down.

and that’s why i rather wait till it slows down for probably few days or weeks.

i might act like the “no fun” person, i’m just not really fond of devs adding achievements that ties to competition when the playerbase are usually casual players and discourage them not to even have fun.

but y’know, it is how it is amirite?

1 Like

I honestly find Cow Wheel to be balanced perfectly. The arm is meant to be slow, timing is key, if that was taken away then it wouldn’t be Cow Wheel. Once you get the hang of timing, it’s not as difficult as you might feel on the first tries.

Achievements based on competition are fun. It’s meant to be difficult, but not impossible.

4 Likes

unfortunately, but understandable.

1 Like

i realised it, but i still believe that 10-ticket pucks are generally awful, which would be better if it would be replaced by 200 instead.

2 Likes

I still agree with a few of your ideas in original post too, after reading through the thread. Mainly the idea of adding possibly quite rare pucks for extra pulls and getting rid of or replacing the lower valued pucks. Other than that, the game is quite fun but much more enjoyable when playing alone or with a couple of friends but not so much with random people for me.

1 Like