Typing Derby needs a time adjustment

Typing Derby needs an adjustment. Seeing as that database is not yours, many of these submissions are too long or complex to complete in the time limit for most people, as the database isn’t tailored for Tower Unite.

Proposal: Make it like mini golf. No timer, then start a 30 second or so timer when the first person finishes.

i hate the grammar and punctuation, really slows me down alot.

I couldn’t disagree more, I used to be awful at typing derby when I first started playing it to get to a million XP, but I got a lot better at it and started actually completing the prompts. I feel like the timer being how it is makes it so much better when you finally start improving since you realize it with the prompts you can now complete.

3 Likes

I feel like the punctuation adds to the challenge, which is a good thing in my book. If I remember correctly, you get an extra pay bonus if you actually finish. I don’t think it should be a guaranteed win for everyone, I think it’s all there to help people get better. I used to not be able to complete typing derby very easily, but I’ve improved overtime, and have gotten to a point where I can easily complete it roughly every time now.

2 Likes

Aiming to raise your WPM is enough incentive to get better, a timer isn’t needed to rush the game further. Only a post-first place finish timer in case of AFKs.

1 Like

I can see people hogging up typing derby all to themselves this way. By hitting one character every minute or something to prevent them from going AFK.

1 Like

Hard disagree. No offense, but some of you just need to learn to type faster and as mentioned previously the timer serves as an incentive to do so.

I concede my augment. I guess I’m just slow. :pleading_face: