Two cool transporter ideas

1. A Teleporter that’s a little like the haunted television, except instead of displaying one of four user-specified images, it sends you to one of four user-specified locations. It’d be random, you could wind up anywhere (provided it was one of these user-defined places; a truly random transporter sounds fun in theory, but it’s actually pretty dumb once you think about it for a second.)

1a) …possibly with a variant we’ll call the “Iconian Model” (that’s a Star Trek reference, folks…) where the destination targets cycle on a set timeframe.

And once the Condo I/O system arrives…

1. A Teleporter that basically does the same thing as #1, but the player can control the destination by pushing a button (or interacting with something interactable.) Consider, like, a spaceship console, and you press #6 and that takes you to this planet, whereas pressing #4 could take you to this other planet. Or - really - something as simple as a multi-level elevator.

Bumping this up, because I actually really want to know if I can use Condo I/O to set up a few different, “programmable” destinations for a teleporter.

There are plans for a few input devices such as:

Button
Elevator Button (6 buttons)
Direction Button (2 buttons with arrows)
Touch Screen (customizable buttons & labels)
and more…

As for teleporting players, you can hook up the button to a Player Modifier and teleport the player to a position.

5 Likes