Turn the workshop into a marketplace

I feel like this proposed change would add a lot to the community as it would add more of a user “market”.

I think workshop playermodels should each cost around $1200 units, and when you buy it 80% of that profit goes to the user who made the playermodel. This is a relatively low cost considering the nature of the playermodels and the pricing of the Workshop Furniture.

As for the Workshop Item and Workhop Physics Item, those should instead be free, and within the UI, that’s where you can purchase Workshop furniture items for $1200 units (or $1400 for physics items) in which 80% of the profit goes to the user who made the furniture item.

However, if you believe this is undesired, I think a donate option would be good for each playermodel, where you can give the creator $1000 units voluntarily and not require them to pay, but can choose to if they want to support the creators.

Nah, I’m certain over 99% of the models on the workshop are copyrighted assets ripped from elsewhere. There shouldn’t me any reward incentive for that.

2 Likes

Hi, we talked about about why we won’t be charging for workshop playermodels here.

2 Likes

I like the donate option, but I wouldn’t like to see player models cost anything. Especially because you need to equip a different player model and reequip your original one sometimes, otherwise you have no player model after loading in. (Just a bug for now I’m sure, but still, player models offer more creativity and fun when they’re free.)

Edit:

This is also a good point