TU Video Tutorial/Guide how to play

So alot of new players are coming to the game, and something that would be good to have, instead of getting asked the same questions every day, i was thinking the devs could make a show around kinda video.

the video would show the plaza, minigames, and condos, while in the meantime showing of the plaza, could tell you for example ‘‘Here is robs imports, here you can buy cool stuff and the jetpack’’

this video could appear when you first boot up the game for the first time

the tutorial could also give the player hints or guides to every gamemode

there could even be separate Videos for each gamemode.

or just an updated version of the official steam guide
a video is a lot, and a bit unneccassary and honestly i think it’d be a bit more annoying to view information from a video than a text guide

A lot of people (myself included) are visual learner. Text guides are basically worthless to me. I need to be able to see something in action, to be able to learn it. So, I’d say it’s a pretty good idea.

2 Likes

It seems to me a very good idea, something like the videos about the condo

Me and a second guy is already working on a sort of text guide/FAQ for TU.
Still some guide videos made by pixeltail would be pretty nice

Im pretty sure this is already planned, and apart of the website overhaul.

That doesn’t mention anything about tutorial videos

doesn’t say anything about videos
but i imagine they’d have good images and other stuff

that’s fair, i am as well, i wouldn’t want it to be purely text, however i think purely video is also just bad as it’s a bit annoying for navigation of maybe wanting to have the info on X be viewable on a second screen without having to pause, go back and replay that part of the video.
plus it’d be easier to redirect people to certain parts of the page and sure you can tell them “go to X:XX in the video” but i think it’s just more convenient for quick knowledge and other stuff if it’s not purely video (nothing wrong with having some videos in a text guide that also has pictures though)
but i think a purely video guide isn’t a great idea