Trying to find a game from my youth

When I was just a young boy, I remember sitting beside my father as he played videogames with ratings beyond what the ESRB would recommend for me. Over a decade later, and there is one videogame I remember seeing my father play that I thought looked so cool but to this day have no idea what it was. And so, I enlist you folks to maybe point me in the right direction.

With how young I was and how poor of a memory I have, I can’t help but question if this game exists at all, but all the same I will try my best to explain it in hopes that it rings a bell with someone else,

This game was an early 2000’s first-person shooter with a sci-fi aesthetic. It featured four playable characters that you would swap between to accomplish different things. One character was definitely your run-of-the-mill generic main character shooter-guys, another a tanky robot, and I think a snarky female? There was one more too (I don’t recall them too well), but in any case, the game encapsulated your generic stereotypes of the time.

For what it’s worth, I think they worked for some government organisation.

To sum up; Sci-fi fps, 4 playable characters, shooter-guy/robo-tank/token-girl/other, early 2000s.

I could be absolutely crazy and this game doesn’t exist, but at the very least I hope that maybe SOMEONE knows what I’m talking about and can finally lay to rest this weird personal case I have.

(Also, to anyone saying, “just ask your dad”, I have, and he’s not even sure)

1 Like

Project Eden, used to play this game with my brothers and family friend back in the day. Fondly remember it though I don’t know how well it holds up today. Back then we just appreciated a 4 player coop game on the Playstation 2. The train parts were especially fun. I think you can get a working version of it today from GoG.

https://www.gog.com/game/project_eden here’s the buy link if you fancy a nostalgia trip

Also now I have the ‘mail has arrived’ voice line stuck in my head!

11 Likes

This is it! Thank you, you absolute legend!

3 Likes