Trivia Filter

After the start countdown, players should be able to blacklist or whitelist certain tags, like Politics or Celebrities. Seriously, nobody playing is an expert on geopolitical economics and such questions only serve to be luck based or who can Google fast enough based.

Well, they could be. You never know. It could be said that nobody is an expert on anything, yet there’s thousands of questions spanning multiple levels of difficulty on several topics. That’s why trivia is balanced. Everyone is going to have different knowledge on different subjects. A geopolitical economics expert should have as much a chance as someone who is an expert on anime. That’s why we have different categories. Nobody knows everything after all, and even the best trivia player will run across a question that they don’t know the answer to eventually.

Being able to vote on a category before a round starts seems like a good idea though, maybe there could be two different ways to play trivia. The randomized trivia as it is now would remain, but what if the second trivia room was turned into a variant where players can vote on one topic to play the whole game based on?

7 Likes

remove all the million guild wars 2 questions if they are still a thing

12 Likes

i thought i heard they were removed after i submitted a message in a bottle with the answer to one of the gw2 questions

or at least reduced

1 Like

As mentioned by Blue Gryphon, I think voting for a topic would be a better idea. Blacklisting topics from such a large amount would be tougher than voting for a selection presented to you.

1 Like