Tower Unite Price Increase + Our Current Roadmap

You will be able to see out the windows, yes. It looks black because I had the sublevel opened only in that screenshot.

5 Likes

Ooh, I just had an idea. What if you make stairs leading up and make a circular hallway where the windows are (have windows on both sides) and put boards there with existing game servers? Then you can join them without having to go to the main menu.

(Each board would align with its slice and you would be able to see it through the window)

Chemical X
…
Wait are we still doing the ingredients thing?

2 Likes

Remains of child

This would still be good for arranged game nights and gatherings, so I don’t think this is too much of an issue.

2 Likes

I think in the future creating games from the menu will be player hosted while queued games from the lobby will be hosted by Pixeltail servers. Also, I doubt it’s much of an issue with a large playerbase. That would happen once the game is out of EA

egg

2 Likes

Do you plan to increase even more the price when Tower Unite will be like “completed” or out of early access?

This is something that is a probability, but will be discussed amongst the team as we get further along with the development.

8 Likes

I think Tower has absolutely developed enough to justify $20. The game has been a steal at $15 for a long time, let alone the frequent half off sales.

The primary fear towards Early Access games is lack of updates and completely abandoned projects, you guys do a great job communicating so that should be totally mitigated. I also hear lots of talks of focusing on more frequent updates, which would reinforce this.

This is great news! The gameworld’s port being in the heart of the plaza will benefit the plaza and the port! Can’t wait to see this.

Honestly, my main gripe with gameworlds even with a revised gameworlds port the visibility of live gameworld servers is too low.

Global Chat helped get that snowball going, and Continuous play will be a huge benefit in keeping up the momentum, but I can’t stand having to leave the plaza to check if there is an on-going game I missed. I can queue up in the plaza, but odds are players are queuing up in a different plaza.

Is there a technical or design reason to why server listings for gameworlds aren’t available from the pause menu? Like they are for plazas and condos?

8 Likes

I really hope the robots stay with the new upgrades store. They’re cute

2 Likes

Are you able to link the queueboards with all qeueboards in the region? Like the queueboards in US East 1 is synced with US East 2 and 3

I think that would help people form games faster and better with no latency costs

2 Likes

Always thought $15 was a steal, tbh $20 is still lower than I expect. Clue the board video game(weird to say) $30… it’s not a bad game but it’s literally only Clue. $20 for what is currently in TU is a bargain let alone what’s to come. I’ve had high expectations for every major release I’ve been around for, and still always managed to be pleasantly surprised with how great they turn out.

1 Like

That was one of our ideas, not so much synced queueboards but a general background matchmaking system, so if you’re alone or with a couple friends, and you want to queue up for a game, the matchmaking system would look for others that want to play the same game, group everyone up, and then start the match.

5 Likes

Well why not sync the boards?

It’s all fluid so nothing’s super locked in, but one rationale I can think of for not syncing the board would to allow those in the plaza server already to queue up amongst themselves.

Regardless, the current plan is to create a better matchmaking system that would work not only with the queueboards, but via the main menu and pause menu as well.

4 Likes

The robots absolutely will stay.

10 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to ask. Glad to hear it was thought of.

1 Like

would’ve been better to see $20.00 USD ;-;

Not a problem at all. Tower has so much content now, I feel that the price increase is completely justified.

5 Likes