Tower Unite: Player Testimonials 2024

After 9 years since PixelTail Games’ video, Tower Unite: Player Testimonials, I decided to remake the video as a way to celebrate my second Towerversary—my second full year since I started playing Tower Unite.

With the help of @Plasma, @muntyStain, Umbre, and shart (gummy), this video was released and showcased within the Flashback IMAX hosted by @OuTSMoKE

Tower Unite: Player Testimonials 2024

Community Members Shown

ZachSharkAttack
slowfawn
@Elphobos
Big Grouch
@Arirap
@Mudkipster & MaxiSoundscape
@NixEmotions & sedna
Maggatron
TrulyNoxified
MrKhaotik & @Kads
@WingSilent
mon & eph
Starry
Meta Man Z
Randumb Doomer
Dummy Flowy
SimpleFox
gwyndolin
KingKobra
A-Doss
V1r4l-lullaby,
MKHT & LeeHwiQ

I had a few people opt into writing out their answers to this, and I’d like to highlight that as well.

What is your favorite thing or moment in Tower Unite?

Playing ballrace with my friends
-@Zaayz

It’s extremely hard to pick just a single thing in tower as there’s been so many great moments and experiences I’ve had with people but I think if I had to pick one I would go with the condo mode. The condo mode being as easy to use as it is allows others to creatively express a bunch of stuff they otherwise wouldn’t know how to do and I adore seeing everything that this community makes. In addition to seeing others builds I and my friends have spent hundreds of hours building my condo and hearing visitors compliment it and just seeing our effort be appreciated really makes my day.
-Seraphim

My favorite moment is meeting my friends Redooo, MeKnob and Skullasaurus, roaming around as geese one day in the Plaza.
We got more and more people to join us as geese, chanting for bread and hissing at random people.
It led to the creation of the Geese Gang group, a group that’s now largely dead, but was a kiloton of kilofun for the 6 months or so it remained active.
It was the first Tower Unite group I joined, and it’s where I met many of my current friends.
-nini

How has Tower Unite changed your life?

it helped me be more social and improved my english
-@Zaayz

Tower unite has had a massive positive impact on my life in so many ways but to simplify them… Tower and it’s community have given me ways to express myself and allow me to SAFELY be who I really am and feel supported and comforted with the amazing community that is associated with this game. Alongside feeling safe expressing myself, I and my friends have spent countless hours doing literally everything the game has to offer and it’s a great way to reconnect to friends and really just bond with them.
-Seraphim

It’s always been super hard for me to make friends both offline and online.
I’m really not good at socializing in anything but a group setting, so most friendships just kinda fizzle out from lack of contact.
(Though, even if you talk to me after 5 years of silence, I’ll still treat you as a close, dear friend!)

Tower Unite’s social gameplay has offered me a way to spark conversations with random people, join their groups, and make a ton of friends.
I think I’ve made more friends on Tower Unite in the past 2 years than I ever have in real life.

From that, I’ve also improved significantly at using Blender, since my friend got frustrated trying to port her Sims 4 character into Tower Unite.
I offered to help, even though I had no idea how to do it, and I’ve since been able to learn how to rig and repair Sims 4 characters for use in Tower Unite.
I even wrote a little script to automate the worst and most error-prone part: renaming and merging vertex groups.

It’s also led to the first and only time I’ve ever met someone from online in real life. Two of them, even!
(They met on Tower Unite and started dating! How cool is that?)
We went to an aquarium and looked at fish and otters and bugs.
I gave them a raspberry rollcake, and bought a big otter plushie. They gave me a beanie and some hugs. :slight_smile:
Though, it turns out I’m still really uncomfortable being around others IRL, even if they know me that personally.
Still, I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

I’m continuing to make friends whenever I play, so who knows what other weird little adventures I go on.
I hope to one day make the “perfect” friend, one that lives close enough to hang out, whom I’d get along with well both online and offline.
A girl can dream!
(And a girl will probably give you cake)

Aside from that, as a game developer, Tower Unite has been a continuous inspiration for various different ideas.
I think it’d be fun to try and make my own little social world with minigames and stuff one day…
-nini

What are you looking forward to with Tower Unite?

I am looking forward to xp leaderboards
-@Zaayz

I’m really looking forward to my personal future as I intend to go through HRT/Voice training and with that I’ll feel more comfortable making tower unite content (in the forms of videos) which will hopefully keep any concurrent players invested in the game and maybe even attract new players to experience this absolutely amazing game. PS: Shoutout to Kirbyrocket and Darkbeat for being massive inspirations in the YouTube content scene for tower and of course the general community for being so great.
-Seraphim

Mainly technical improvements in UX, stability, and netcode reliability.

I think the game suffers a ton from the horrible lag in competitive gamemodes like Virus and SDNL.
I’ve often seen new players join games of Virus, realize it feels horrible, then choose never to play it again. SDNL is even worse…

Condo editing is also so rife with bugs and instability that I never want to work on them.
It’s a shame, too. I have a lot of ideas for fun multiplayer games in condos, which feel nigh impossible to implement due to how frequently the game crashes, desyncs, or just randomly bugs out.
I just stick to offering technical advice to whoever has the patience for that kind of thing.

And finally, I want that damn cursor-stuck-on-screen bug to die, finally. It’s so annoying. So so so annoying.
I would work at Pixeltail for no pay just to get the opportunity to kill that bug once and for all.

I could go on a much longer rant, but I’ll spare you from it…
Really I just want the game to work. There’s plenty of content, but I’d like that content to work reliably, and actually feel fun to play.
-nini

Now it’s your turn to answer

Really think about these questions; I’d love to hear everyone’s replies to these:

2 Likes

My favourite moment in TU, is witnessing Players harmoniously interacting, free from the influence of inner circles, dictating others to ostracize those with different perspectives or cultures.

Tower Unite hasn’t had a profound impact on my life; it’s simply a form of entertainment.
If anything, the real satisfaction comes from dedicating myself to my turf-related profession during the day and then unwinding with Tower Unite, where I can connect with mature, like-minded individuals and engage in conversations beyond the game.

After all, sometimes all you need is to tend to your virtual grass.

I’m eagerly anticipating exploring additional Condos and constructing more of my own.
So far, I’ve created three Condos, and I’m impressed by the seamless functionality of the building process—no glitches or bugs to be found. (minus the Kill Bug)
Editing is incredibly smooth, making building a breeze.
Recently, I completed recreating the first level of Duke Nukem in just 60 hours.

Thanks for the good times, and the friends made along the way.
bug c;

1 Like

My favorite moment in Tower Unite has got to be when I built a furry-themed tower with some like-minded friends. The sense of community and acceptance was truly heartwarming, and we had an absolute blast creating something unique and beautiful together. catheart

Tower Unite has changed my life in countless ways. Firstly, it has introduced me to a diverse community of players from all around the world, expanding my horizons and
broadening my perspective. Additionally, the game has taught me valuable skills such as teamwork, communication, and adaptability, which I can apply in various aspects of my life. Lastly, Tower Unite has provided an escape from the stresses and negativities of the real world, allowing me to connect with others in a positive and uplifting environment. :people_hugging:

Looking ahead, I’m eagerly anticipating new updates and features that will continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible in Tower Unite. I’m really excited about the many interesting Little Crusaders updates, such as Double Dragon and new maps like The Inn. cornald

2 Likes