Tower Unite condos IN REAL LIFE!

Yup! This was well known, I posted the original images awhile ago on these forums.

The Lobby 1 suite had like 5 different versions before settling on the one we used. It was inspired by a real-world cabin. The cabin and our suite have various differences, though.

As for Lobby 2’s Condo, it was originally for Phoenix (which was a complete rewrite of GMT, http://blog.macdguy.org/post/7775347823/a-screenshot-of-my-latest-mapping-project-for) but that was cancelled. It was then recycled for use for Lobby 2.

The only similarity to the concept is that one picture. The rest of the floor plan is entirely unique and created by myself.

This is a normal thing. We often look at pictures online for references and get inspired by the architecture. The floorplans change, though.

Lots of video games do the same thing, which is pretty cool. The entirety of Seattle was recreated for Infamous 2. Half-Life 2 has many buildings and sky lines that are taken straight from Redmond (I’ve seen them).

Unfortunately, I don’t remember the real-world cabin for Lobby 1. I just had that one image and uploaded it for people to see.

15 Likes