Toggle-able effects for redeemables

Heres a compatibility idea I’ve been sitting on for a long time. Figure while I’m here I’ll get it on record.

Redeemables tend to eat up a lot of video memory if you have oodles of them, moreso than typical furnishings because they either produce light or sparkle with particles each.

Things like Gem, that put off dynamic light,
Treasure Chests and coin stacks and slot machines and even catsacks that glow with animated sprites.

I’m thinking it could be a context tick mark if you right click edit on them. That way you can have your vault but not the frame drop that comes with it. That, or a dedicated option in the graphics menu.

Its a bit extreme but could go a long way into keeping me from having to demolish my vault.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1016068436114577732/ACB0B96D4A346F8BBDE85CAE27C1FCE83F61FBA0/

I think a client setting would be better than having to click through each one by one.

1 Like

Only problem I see with that regards the dynamic lights. I like my few placed dynamic lights yet the Gems put off their own each and I still would want things like my Party Light to function just not every gem I have stashed in the next room. If there was a global option to toggle dynamic lights and such, it would be a case of having to do with or without.