Time to Climb

A simple platform climbing map with many themed sections where the difficulty is not in the platform jumping itself but rather the determination to climb back up after falling.

How far up have you been able to get? It’s Time to Climb!

(This map is inspired by Kreedz Climbing & Only Up!)

I have tried to make this jumping map playable by everyone of any skill level. Players who think they might be bad at jumping/platforming in Tower Unite might be surprised with how far they can get, but please let me know if you feel anything feels too difficult.

This map uses zero workshop items and zero canvas images to give you a fast loading and steady frames map experience.

Help/Info & Changelog are below the screenshots.

Feel free to check smaller more frequent updates to the map in the steam workshop Change Notes ( view ).

Help/Info:

• Every jump is designed for walking & jumping, running & jumping can allow small skips but can also easily cause you to jump too far

• Jumping too soon before reaching the edge of a platform can cause you to miss the landing & jumping too late has a chance of you falling before you can even jump

• Try looking down at where you are going to land after you have jumped. This will help if you are missing the landing

• You can stop your forward momentum by pressing the back movement button mid air if you feel you are jumping too far

• There are no checkpoints, progress can always be lost from a single missed jump, the risk grows the higher you climb

• Default player model size recommended, map built using default, being too big or small can cause missed jumps

Full Map Changelog:
February 2024:
-Added new area (Club)
-Added post process and sky volumes across the map
-Several sound emitter additions/changes

October 2023:
-Added new area (Space)

August 2023:
-Added new area (Floating Islands)
-Small adjustments to several platforms
-Texture changes on a few platforms
-Some wording changes in notebooks

July 2023: (Started Map)
-First release with 13 areas

12 Likes

August Update:
-Added new area (Floating Islands)
-Small adjustments to several platforms
-Texture changes on a few platforms
-Some wording changes in notebooks

I have added a new area above the sea/lighthouse area of floating islands and made some small adjustments to several platforms throughout the map. I have also modified some to generally feel better overall with landing and jumping from, such as adjusting the candy canes to all be slanted, adjustments to the skulls and some slight adjustments to the floating books. The first few jumps in the starting area have been completely changed as well.

Update:
Over the past several days I have pushed a few updates out mostly consisting of improvements to several platforms such as touching up the branches around the tree, making the candy canes a bit longer, replaced the ghostly floating book piles with regular book piles and many other platforms got slightly larger and as a result slightly easier as well.

1 Like

October Update:

• Added new area (Space)

Added a new area in space that has low gravity! I am reaching the height limit sadly but I have some ideas so I can continue the platform adventure :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

1 Like

February 2024:
-Added new area (Club)
-Added post process and sky volumes across the map

Finally got around to adding the next section and implementing post process and sky volumes across the map which I think turned out really well, several changes with sound emitters and small adjustments happened across the map as well.

Enjoy!

1 Like