Throwback Thursday Item and Gameplay Suggestions

So I just read this post and it gave me some ideas for things that would be cool to see in-game.

1. The Chump Cube

The Chump Cube is, as the name implies, a cube of chumps. This is in reference to the first Tower Unite inventory and Units test, where two blocks were available from the Chump Store. One was of Biko (who I must admit I don’t remember, although that’s probably due to my brain failing again, as it is wont to do) and another was of Matt. When placed, these cubes shrink in size until eventually disappearing, with floating “Chump” text over them and the word “chump” being said as they shrank in a higher and higher-pitched voice.

The item I am suggesting here would be a combination of these cubes. It behaves as the original cubes did, however this item would start with Matt’s picture and change to Biko’s halfway, and would reappear at full size after the particle effect and disappearance (but don’t tell people so I can go into their condos, make them think they’ll lose their Chump Cubes forever, and then watch their faces when they reappear). I suggest that the item be available only to persons who were part of the alpha (i.e. those who donated $20 or up to the Indiegogo) due to its origins being pre-Early Access, but the developers, if they decide to implement this, may wish to ignore that exclusivity suggestion, which, it’s their game, fair enough.

2. Welcome to Murder City… I’m the Mayor

This idea is in reference to the first Tower Unite Beta Demo, in which the player visits their condo, and when they activate the furniture peddler, he says “Welcome to Murder City. I’m the mayor.” which, I mean, probably won’t help you sell any sofas, but whatever giya a croggy, m8. What I suggest is that either

a) a secret option in the options menu (accessed by entering “ALL HAIL THE NEW MOON” on the usual options screen) labelled “Mayor of Murder City” toggles this line as a greeting by all shopkeepers for the player who toggled it (i.e. others won’t hear it) whenever they open the buying interface. Any player who knows about the secret phrase would be able to enable it.

or

b) a special gun is added to the game (perhaps as something you can get from fishing, or from the metal detector?) that, when fired, plays the line. In an ironic twist of fate, you wouldn’t actually be able to fulfill your mayoral duties of murder with it because it wouldn’t kill people.

Those are my suggestions, if anyone has any more leave them down below. Or don’t, I’m not your dad.

4 Likes