The Actual Letter to the Developers

After re-reading this, most of my things I’ve said from: A Letter to the Developers - #24 by macdguy are about the same.

Give us a bit here, we just release our first game on Steam. Things are a bit crazy right now. Priority #1 is fixing bugs, after that features that people want and we want to see in the game as well. Use the Trello to vote on things, we’ll have more public polls but give us a week to sort out the launch issues because we’re really a small team of people here and we all are doing everything we can.

That was done in like 2 hours and it was needed to be done to ensure items that use weapons are working properly so we can have items that use weapons correctly. It’s basically the easiest weapon item we could think of.

This is not an easy task to complete. It’s going to take a bit of time to make it work for everyone reliably. It’s on the trello now so you can get an idea of where we are with this. https://trello.com/c/bXW6wwQO/136-condo-p2p-connections

Release week is tough and we’re gonna be back to communicating again soon. We’ve been pretty open on Discord and with announcements and talking directly to people. We’ve been swamped with all the new posts. We read everything, we talk about everything, @Caboose700 replies as much as he can and he talks directly with us before doing so.

This is our job. This is our profession. If we can’t handle the stress or fire then we shouldn’t be doing this job. We love this job and we love staying up late working on it. We’re almost clear of the major major release bugs, and then we can chill. The game can’t be added to it if it keeps crashing. People are paying for a product and they should expect it to work.

You aren’t. We love you all. We love feedback. We want this game to be the best.

So, I posted about this in the other one. We’re still doing developer streams. I don’t know why people are saying we aren’t.

As for the polls, right now trello gives us a great idea of what people want. We’ll do more polls but we like the trello cards because they’re linked to in-game boards.

We are hearing your ideas? We can’t implement every idea instantly and we cannot always reply but we’re listening. There’s a TON of new people coming in right now and it’s a little overwhelming. But trust me, we’re listening.

I’m a bit saddened that you are thinking we aren’t listening to ideas or being open after only 3 days of launch. There’s months of evidence of us listening and taking feedback from the alpha stage and even further back (5 years) when we did the same thing with GMTower. We haven’t changed. We’re just REALLY busy right now in this current week with bug fixes.

As you can tell, the latest update has lessened that, but we’re still a little busy. I haven’t really had a break in awhile, but this is what I love doing.

Again:

14 Likes