Textures look like they're on low even when everything is on turbo

3 Likes

How much VRAM do you have?

1024 MB

Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive

You should have atleast 2GB of VRAM. Unreal 4 is very demanding of it.

I have 4GB VRAM and this happened the last time I launched my condo. Mostly everything was a blurry mess.

1 Like

Do you have tons of canvases in your condo?
If not, then that is strange indeed.

I don’t really think it’s an issue with lack of VRAM. This happened to me earlier (4 GB actually 3.5 GB of VRAM) with the Plaza, where everything loaded on low, but Condos (even those with a good amount of canvases) and Gameworlds loaded fine.

1 Like

Nothing crazy. Prob like 100-150 canvases

I had the same issue, everything on Turbo and my GTX 1070 card has 8 GB of VRAM, still got blurry textures in both my condo and in the plaza.

Someone else reported a similar issue to this, and there is a way to fix it if you got more than 2 GB of VRAM on your GPU (that’s all the game currently uses at the moment). Check out this post for more info, it worked for me.

2 Likes

This didn’t even happened before in the update, and I have enough power to run Witcher 3 at a playable speed…RAM shouldn’t even be a necessity into this. >.>

VRAM matters here. The canvas textures store on VRAM and since they are not optimized for games, they can take up a lot of memory. For example loading in a 3000x3000 image will waste VRAM fast.

yeah im also getting texture issues here. 4 GB of vram, and the plaza looks like crap even though everything is on turbo. never had this problem before 1.5 (bowling update). have not been into a condo yet to check out canvases and the like, but i expect its similar.

1 Like

The version of Unreal that the devs are currently using for TU only allows up to 2GB of vram.

Actually, don’t really think lack of VRAM is an issue. I remember someone on the Discord tested their VRAM while they were having that issue (with 4 GB VRAM) and the usage was only about 1450 MB total (not only for TU).

1 Like

That was me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.