Take-Home Machines

It would be very interesting to be able to ‘win’ arcade machines to place into a Condo, and maybe even create your own personally run Arcade.
These machines would be in “Free-Play Mode” and wouldn’t require Tokens to play, but also would not pay out Tickets.
Either they could be purchased with Tickets themselves, or purchased straight through Units, potentially through a secret hidden market to be discovered which would be interesting in itself!

that “secret hidden market” idea is interesting! maybe an arcade milestone would give you access to an exclusive counter where you can redeem tickets for machines.
…speaking of “personally run arcade”, it’d be rad to see the arcade layout as a condo someday! it’d lead to some interesting builds for sure, since the space is so specifically shaped.

I’d rather they be achievements, like how ZM achievements get you a flamethrower, turret, or helicopter. Earn enough XP in the arcade and get games for your condo.

4 Likes

My only issue with them being achievements would be that then other machines are blocked behind a large span of time. I would rather them all be available once you have the funds for it, and simply allow you to get more of them over time. Them being achievements would also mean the quantity in which you could build with them would be limited.

4 Likes

I don’t see that as a bug. One instance per condo seems reasonable and wouldn’t distract people from the actual arcade too much.

I just find that solution to be unreasonably limiting not only to quantity but variety as well.
And it’s not like they would distract all too much from the real Arcade. I already said these machines wouldn’t pay out with Tickets unlike real arcade machines, these take-home machines are purely for those who want to design their own arcade or have a personal version of their favorite machines. They won’t be able to get more prizes unless they go to the real thing.

4 Likes

I think having the arcade machines cost a ton of tickets rather than being milestones would be really nice, since you wouldn’t be limited to only having one of each and you wouldn’t have to get 20 arcade machines before the one you actually wanted.

8 Likes

condo arcade claw games that spit out a plushie that can be held similar to the vending machine almost but with the minigame on top.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing idea!