Tactical slide

This isn’t something that would benefit existing maps that much but I think it would be interesting to have something similar to SDNL’s sliding where you can slide at default move speed for a short time. It could be used for a sort of interesting risk/reward thing where you can take a quick shortcut by sliding under a short ceiling but can’t see what’s happening on the other side.

Also maybe Infected could get an alternate version of this move where they lunge/dive forward and get a slight speed boost, but lose speed for a bit if they don’t end up hitting any survivors. Might be neat

As I recall, the reason movement is intentionally limited is because this gamemode is directly inspired by Virus from Timesplitters. That’s the reason there’s no jumping. There’s was no jumping in the original Virus. So, they likely won’t be keen on adding sliding for the same reason.

1 Like

I mean I’d understand this if i was suggesting like, any vertical movement or anything crazy like that but it’s literally just crouching but slightly faster than normal crouching for a couple seconds. it’s incredibly minor but i just think it would be a good addition that doesn’t change too much

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree. I think the movement in Virus is way too limited. I’m just saying that it’s not likely to happen.

1 Like