Synced Streaming for Movie Nights

I’m a HUGE fan of GMod Cinema (created by PixelTail).

Movie nights are something I still participate in on GMod Swamp Cinema to be specific. Nothing like watching a movie with 30+ other people together online. Sadly in TU we lack the ability to play any videos that are synced between players that are not on Youtube or Twitch.

That being said, I’ve found this today: https://github.com/povdocs/sync-player/

Pretty much it pulls the source of video source and starts the video time based on the first client that starts it. It is supposed to sync the current location by comparing start time to server time. Sadly after a few hours of screwing around with it I just can’t seem to get it to sync…

If anyone with Java experience can look at it, there is so much potential!
We need movie nights!

I’ve made okay experiences with this before, haven’t used it in a while so in the meantime they could have turned into good experiences:

Otherwise you could just try rabb.it if the servers don’t have hiccups because it’s like Friday evening and EVERYONE RABB.ITs

JavaScript is not related to Java, only shares being used in programming and part of the name.

I’ve managed to get synced streaming going! It involves streaming via VLC to an ogg output.
The condo TV’s work well with this format and has been working very well.

I’m currently streaming a movie in my condo if anyone wants to check it out.

Movie nights here we come!