Support for Workshop Canvas Texture

Add Workshop support to Canvas textures so players can share through Workshop.

This will give them another texture option to choose from them when they are using Canvas objects.

They would be more reliable, easier to use and maintain, and speed up some building time for a lot of people.

This can eventually create an amazing library for builders to use, without ever relying on third party servers or spending time searching for some online.

This is already planned to come in the Workshop Editor 2.0 if you look on the Trello :slight_smile:

Are you referring to this? https://i.imgur.com/jlDUTB4.png

Because I believe this is related to Workshop models, not for Canvases.

nope iā€™m referring to thisCapture

That means a user is able to create a Canvas shape, not upload Canvas textures that appears in a Workshop library.

Interesting thought.

4 Likes

oh sorry thats what i thought you meant

Cant people already basically do this on canvas objects though by linking the texture image address?

Would the benefit to this be faster load times and performance? over regular images loading on each from the internet.

oh no, dont worry, i just realized you cant even set canvas blocks to the texture in game, only image address links. Which is weird. Along with workshop textures the base game textures for walls and floors should be added to canvas block selections too. :slight_smile:

Dude, I just made two Retrowave Tile, both pink and cyan. Does this attracts your attentions for Workshop Canvas Texture support? :question: