Suggestion regarding the upcoming Condo Lobby system

The upcoming “Improved Condo Lobby” should NOT be it’s own server like the Gameworld Ports were.

I think many people would agree with me in saying I’d much rather walk out the front door of my condo, into a lobby, and walk into someone else’s front door to load into their condo instead of loading into a condo lobby server and THEN loading into their condo. The Condo Lobby should be a part of each Condo’s map as well as the Plaza’s map. There should be no additional server that unnecessarily adds an additional step. I’m not sure how you could make this work with maps like House or Lobby One, maybe a button in the pause menu that would teleport your player to the Condo Lobby (which is already loaded in your game)?

While this does make the lobby feel more static and less lively, it greatly improves quality of life and allows the plaza’s lobby feel more lively.

What do y’all think?

Actually hiding the Condo Lobby under the map in the Condos is a pretty interesting idea, could link up the exit doors just right up to there but I have no idea if it’s feasible or possible to connect condos in map itself

It’s not going to be a separate server. It uses the Condo Lobby in the Plaza.

I do want to incorporate a condo lobby in the condo maps somehow as well.

8 Likes

I also think it would be cool (unless this is already going to be the case) to have assigned condo numbers. I think it’d be really cool to “give” someone my in game condo address.

2 Likes