Steam Awards - Which award for tower unite?

The steam awards are in, and we could decide all together which reward to give to Tower Unite to guarantee it’s visibility, so I’ve made this poll to get us all settled on which reward fits the most to Tower Unite, here are the descriptions of the rewards and the poll right below:

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let’s Just All Get Along” Award
Games delight and entertain us, giving us much needed breaks from the sorrows and low points of our lives… and let’s be honest, for a lot of people it’s been a rough 2017. That is why the SASC has chosen to celebrate a game that doesn’t involve combat or conflict.

The “Choose Your Own Adventure” Award
Games are about agency, and this award is for the game that has it in spades. Maybe it’s because there are 31 ways you can breach into a villains lair. Perhaps there are dozens of potential partners for you to build a romantic future with. Or maybe you find yourself constantly saying “Where oh where should I plant those turnips”? In all three scenarios there is a common bond: the choice was always yours.

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
This award is slightly a misnomer, because this game doesn’t just haunt your dreams. It consumes your thoughts every waking moment of the day. This game doesn’t demand your time. You give it willingly.

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
There are games that make you excited. There are games that make you happy. Then there are games so intense that they elicit a physical reaction. We’re talking weak knees. We’re talking sweaty palms. We’re talking fear-induced accidents. We’re talking your friends reminding you to breathe. We’re talking about mom’s spaghetti.

The “No Apologies” Award
This award is for the game that you love unconditionally. Does it have some faults? Maybe. Do other people not understand your love for it? Sure. But make no mistake. There is no guilt here. Only pleasure.

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award
The Bard said it best. This game doesn’t necessarily offer the biggest explosions… it offers something better. Potential. Potential to be a rampaging force of nature. Or not. Who knows. You’re an agent of chaos and no one is going to tell you what to do.

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
Let’s be honest: games can have some pretty ridiculous elements in them… from the stories that drive the action, to the items required to conquer obstacles, to even the protagonists themselves. This award is for the game that has a key component, which when described out of context, seems totally insane, but while playing the game doesn’t even make you bat an eye, because in the moment it makes total sense.

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award
The Vitruvian Man was Leonardo’s celebration of the ideal form. And in that spirit the SASC looks to celebrate the game with the most lovingly rendered character… be it human, alien, anthropomorphic cat people, or even a piece of produce.

The “Defies Description” Award
This game is like… well actually it’s more similar to…picture a combination of… ya know what, I can’t describe it, just play it.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
The Academy wasn’t clear enough in the awards description last year. Let’s try this again. This award is for the “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” of video games.

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award
We’ve all been there. You get super excited for a game, you pre-order it, and you anxiously wait as it downloads. Then you finally play it. How do you feel now? If the answer is “Elated beyond words because even I, a conductor aboard the hype train, was blown away with how good this thing was” then you have found the perfect candidate for this award.

Let’s Vote!

• The “The World Is Grim Enough Let’s Just All Get Along” Award
  • The “Choose Your Own Adventure” Award
  • The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
  • The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
  • The “No Apologies” Award
  • The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award
  • The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
  • The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award
  • The “Defies Description” Award
  • The “Labor of Love” Award
  • The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
  • The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award

0 voters

I recommend you all to come back later to check the poll, and then vote for the reward, which has been the most voted for here, on steam, the poll will close on november 27th and the steam award voting will end on the 28th

3 Likes

Id say Tower Unite should have multiple ones.
The “The World Is Grim”
“Choose Your Own Adventure”
“No Apologies”
“Defies Description”
This game is worth more than a single award.

Oh, really? Damn, I didn’t plan to give TU an award. Guess I just have to now.

1 Like

I would have almost the same words as @Heavysteam
But it most (for me) Suits ‘Better than expected’

When i got TU i was hyped. alot
And the hype paid off. my new favourite game has arrived in my library.
btw i have 160 hours in TU

I wish, unfortunately we can pick only one, that would be pretty overkill if one dude could give all rewards to one game, too

Fixed it uwu[quote=“Skyslide, post:4, topic:25451, full:true”]
I would have almost the same words as @Heavysteam But it most (for me) Suits ‘Better than expected’

When i got TU i was hyped. alotAnd the hype paid off. my new favourite game has arrived in my library.btw i have 160 hours in TU
[/quote]

Alright that sounds pretty good, but we’ll see how the choices turns out later on too

Fine, then i shall host my own steam awards for Tower Unite, with blackjack and hookers.

1 Like

I used the ‘Write-In’ to vote Tower Unite as the “Best Community Game.” But it could easily go into the “No Apologies” award or another. :slight_smile:

Problem is we have to all agree on one vote or it wont win.

None. The Steam Awards are a popularity contest, and we have nowhere near the playerbase needed to win any of them.

4 Likes

I kind of did do that to two games I nominated because the Soundtracks have their own AppIDs.

Says the community of every game good enough to have a community that would try to vote it in however possible.

We probably don’t even have the playerbase needed to even get the game nominated.

1 Like

Most communities (people) seems to only want to their game for one thing.

I do believe you misunderstood what i said when i said it’s worth more than a single award, im saying it’s worth more than just the one we are gonna pick with spongepierres vote.

No, no it isn’t.

2 Likes

I mean or you could all use the write in one and do “Best Community Game” as that would just increase your chances if you organized a Write In category for TU, as not many communities would organize for the Write In category and instead organize for one of the preset ones.
So the Write In category is your best bet probably.

Ayy, that was my suggestion. :wink: Now I’m not too sure if we should do that though. There are a lot of people on Reddit and elsewhere who are planning on voting for HL2:EP2 as “Deserves a Sequel”

Eg: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/7etiif/lets_make_our_voice_heard_boys/

If you do that they will just delay it by two more months.

I don’t see the thread titles you could be referring to anymore but my statement was a baseless assumption so I take it back anyways.

I don’t see that much of a difference in the statement.

Thanks mate, incase you are curious i was refering to how it seems that when you go and search for the threads where they ask about nominations it doesn’t seem that anyone says that they want to nominate their game for more than one award, i could be wrong but i didnt find anything.

Anyway the difference between what me and sponge said, he seems to say that we should decide on which award would fit tower unite where upon we are gonna vote on that one specific award, while i think we should try and nominate tower unite for more than just one single award.

The Scores are in, and it’s No Apologies which has been the most voted for

If you haven’t gave Tower Unite this award on steam yet, it’s still time! The steam awards voting will end tomorow