Songmash! (Spotify Playlist)

So someone I know made a web app called Songmash - the way it works is, you sign in with Spotify, make a ‘mash’ and get all your friends to join it through Spotify too. Then it analyses your Spotify listening history and makes a playlist of 50 songs everyone would like.

For example, we have a PixelTail staff ‘mash’ and because me and @Madmijk listen to deadmau5, it included his song Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff.

I wanna know what would happen if we made a massive ‘mash’ with all you guys in. So if you use Spotify, sign up to this and it’ll generate a playlist of songs it thinks we’d like! Let’s see how weird this playlist gets.

By the way, you might wanna make sure your Spotify profile doesn’t give away any info you wouldn’t want people to see, like your real name.

6 Likes

Just signed up. It already failed, though, because Dare is one of the worst songs on the face of the Earth. I adore Gorillaz but that song is abysmal.

1 Like

Banned off the face of the earth

5 Likes

I listen to Doctor Who Audio plays through Spotify. How will that affect it?

dare is godtier

3 Likes

It doesn’t count local files or podcasts.

1 Like

How would an album like this be treated?

1 Like

No clue, that’s probably down to how Spotify marks it in their database

1 Like

7 Likes

i respect your opinion sir

however…

1 Like

Wow what a coinkydink, i’ve been listening to dare for the last few days now

2 Likes

Uhhh whoops this is now a Gorillaz playlist

4 Likes

feel good

3 Likes

i aint complaining though

1 Like

Dude, ikr. Like half the playlist now is just Gorillaz and Kanye West. Lol

You say this like it’s a bad thing. You don’t think this is a bad thing… do you?

hating on gorillaz is like a crime against humanity

do not anger the gods, mortal :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Maybe you like this more
2 Likes

Don’t even need to hear it to know that’s worse. Shaun and 2D were the only good parts of that song.

20191124_094503

Songs great actually, give it a listen. I actually might prefer this version more than the original, but I’ve grown to love Shaun Ryder’s voice in this song.

2 Likes