Simple Mover set to Spin Distorts Propeller Placement Sometimes. (0.17.9.1)

:warning: Important: Please include the version number of the game in the title! (for example: [0.17.9.0] Broken Feature).
The latest version is [0.17.9.1]

Summary of bug here.

Place a Dome or hemisphere Stretch out some spheres to make small propeller blades add then to the dome/hemisphere in a Y configuration make sure its even spread and spacing between the blades Group all 3 blades to the nose cone object of a dome or Hemisphere. Connect a Simple Mover. set to spin.

Your placed blades were distort from their main placement points as if offset from their origins and you will end up with a whirlpool style blade like that of a Boat Propeller and no longer an aircrafts 3 bladed Propeller. THIS ONLY HAPPENS SOMETIMES… and oddly DOES NOT DISTORT Copied Grouped items in the same configuration even after they have the mover attached to them.

When the Blades are placed and grouped and spin is applied they should spin without offset of their origin points.

The normal behavior.

What happened

The issue the bug caused. Sometimes the blades will move their point of origin and distort to more of a boat propeller look.

Images here… What it should look like.

What it looks like sometimes after starting spin.

PLEASE NOTE THIS OCCURRED PRE HOTFIX AS WELL AS POST HOTFIX WHEN I ATTEMPTED ANOTHER PLANES NOSE PROPS.

Notes / Media

Other misc. notes about the bug. Picture or videos are appreciated!

1 Like

Pause movers before you disconnect from your condo, it causes these offset issues for me usually when I don’t.

The offset happened in real time when applying Spin. None of the other Propellers were affected as Duplicates. So its just something that happens when you apply spin sometimes. No issues with loading other than well… it would seem after I save and load the new save all of the movers are completely broken. I reported that.

I dont use pause on any of the propellers and they play upon entry (When the movers Worked). I didnt think it really mattered if I was completely stopping motion.

I didnt know about needing to pause before exit though especially if the mover is stopped. Thanks ill keep that in mind but hopefully they patch it so you dont need to spend time pausing everything before you leave.

1 Like