SEVERELY decrease the amount of damage melee weapons do to the boss

In it’s current state, day 6 can be over in 30 seconds, largely in part by the weapons that drop during it. The main problem is that spam-clicking with a melee weapon on the boss does about 3000 damage, meaning the boss fight can be over if just 3 of them drop.

This can be seen time and time again: The boss scores reading 12000 damage by a single player, with the rest barely contributing in the thousands, all because that one player picked up the sledgehammer instead of the auto-shotgun.

In order to make the boss wave more challenging, I propose that you either greatly decrease how much melee weapons do against the boss, or prevent them from spawning on day 6 at all.

Risk/reward makes sense if you didn’t have a class who could be invincible for seconds at a time with little downtime if played properly.

4 Likes

The risk: Die with very little consequence for doing so

The reward: end the boss fight in less than a minute

I think the risk:reward ratio is unbalanced

1 Like

i imagine at some point there will be a set of updates to go back and fix up and improve game mode like ZM, since a few game modes have been made playable but not balanced, like ZM for sure which other than maps and smaller minor fixes hasn’t had a large attention since its release on TU since they are making other things,
im guessing the plan is for them to get everything they plan to be in TU (as it goes early access) done so it is usable and then go back and then finish refining them all from all the feedback that is given about things over time.

2 Likes

Could lower the damage done while using certain abilities. But it makes those same abilities questionable in use… idk I still use melee shield to dash away, even if I did less damage I’d still use it.

using both doctor’s combo + special will allow him to almost outheal the boss, while doing more damage with melee then anyone else can on the team with their combo&special&weapon. I totally agree melee needs some sort of nerf on the boss. Even without using the classes that make you invincible, you can do 1/4 of the bosses health for 1/2 of your lives. My thought would be just to reduce the amount of damage melee does against the boss, by 25-75% (depends on testing and what feels best) this would still keep it usable against the boss, but not a 5 second game end-er.

1 Like