Screen tearing?

I’ve noticed that while I’m playing I get these weird screen tears in certain areas. I feel like this has been mentioned before but I couldn’t find anything on it. Could it just be me? I’m just really curious cause it happens too often and v-sync causes even more of it. Any information on this?

1 Like

are you running in borderless fullscreen mode oder simply fullscreen? fullscreen shouldnt have any of these issues

I was in borderless fullscreen because it’s a personal preference of mine, but trying to run it in fullscreen won’t work at all. When it tries to launch, it’ll go black and send me back to the desktop, then when I try to open it from the taskbar it goes black and sends me back. It seems that only windowed and borderless only work for me.

1 Like

That could be a driver/hardware issue.

are you using windows 10 or windows 8.1? if not you could switch to the classic theme which would disable DWM. maybe this solves your tearing.

1 Like

I use windows 7, so using the classic theme may not be something I prefer doing, although I think it did help fix the problem. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you for the help by the way.

The Windows Basic 7 theme does the same thing (deactivate DWM). As long as it deactivates Aero every other theme is OK.
Also would be interesting to know what kind of GPU you got.

Ah right… Aero… and of course! I have the Radeon R9 280X Sapphire Dual-X 3GB OC Edition.

k so it’s definetly aero