Sandbox Mode

Ok, what’s up, everyone. Have a pretty good suggestion for yall here, so let’s get right into it!

I suggest a sandbox mode. Now, I know there is item playground but that is just for shits and giggles most of the time. I propose a mode that you access through the enter your condo tab, it would be singleplayer ONLY. In this mode, you would have EVERYTHING unlocked in a kind of creative menu. You will be able to go into all of the condos and build whatever the fuck you want. Sound cool already? Well, I’m just getting started.

Like I said before, you would be able to enter all of the condos whether or not you have purchased them. Once you are in, you would be able to do whatever you want in the condo, this way, players who want to express their creativity can do so, without having to grind for hours upon end to get units. But wait, there’s more!

The player should also be able to make something that’s sort of like a save, expect not. This “save” would be everything they had in the sandbox condo, and in the description of the save it would tell how many units this condo would cost to build (of course it would only include the cost of the items they don’t already have in their inventory). Then, the player could save up units, and when they finally get all of them, there should be a “buy save” button, which purchases ALL the items in that condo. Then they can load the save in their actual condo and show it off to everyone!

In conclusion, I personally believe this will just help bring out the creativity in players, and we would also see a lot more awesome and impressive condos. I think this would be an awesome and very useful addition to tower unite, and help bring in more players.

P.S. If you want to see this in game, make sure to click that vote button!

I don’t think this would be so great for the community as players would just go in to creative mode rather than editing their condo for real.

In this situation someone could make a cool condo without even working for it and be satisfied with that. Then they would just stop playing the game because they never needed to work hard to create that cool condo they made in creative mode.

Also your idea of “saving” the condo you made in creative mode just doesn’t make sense. If you were to create something for free, then buy all the items, you’d just be stuck with an empty condo (house, etc.) and would have to recreate the entire structure.

In regards to your conclusion, I think that there is a plethora of creative condos that are very impressive and a sandbox mode wouldn’t make a difference in that.

I apologize if this sounds mean in any way, I’m just sharing my opinion and hope your having a good day!

9 Likes

Would kinda ruin the fun in working to get items, and build stuff that nobody else can do without doing the same amount of hard work.

I get what you are saying, and sure it would be a cool addition, but it will just take the fun out of showing off your condo work.

5 Likes

Completely defeats the purpose of the economy system then if nobody has to spend a dime on any items/condos…

3 Likes

shame workshop items will also ruin the purpose economy

2 Likes

I thought the devs said we’d pay for some sort of ‘workshop canvas’ to use any modded items

1 Like

^^ this

That was something I suggested a while back, but as of yet I don’t think the devs have revealed what their official plan of attack is.

I think I recall them mentioning it during a Q&A portion of one of their streams. Don’t quote me on that though :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah fam we already have too many people calling Tower Unite a rip off of Gmod. Maybe this would be an interesting change to the item playground but nothing else.

what

Exactly. I don’t know how one could even begin to compare it but yet many people still manage to call it a “copy” of Gmod.

Comments on Tower Unite videos like…
“Gmod is actually better considering you can do everything on here but more.”
“Looks like an HD version of gmod”
“This game is almost a identical copy of GMOD, even the VOIP its terrible honestly :3”

For context these are exact quotes from ONE video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdSaQwoBUdU&t=706s

I scrolled down for awhile and I don’t see anyone comparing it too Gmod. Must have gotten buried. There are loads of people comparing it to PlayStation Home and also something called Identity. Never heard of Identity but TU is very much like PS Home.

Yeah I scrolled down pretty far and was specifically looking for these comments. I had seen them when the video was original released and therefore they were at the top. Just wanted a few examples to back up my point; although it would be cool, Tower Unite should not have a sandbox mode.

Here.
However, there really aren’t that many comments making this particular comparison and I don’t think they should have an effect on whether or not a sandbox mode gets implemented.

EDIT: By the way, Identity is a life simulation game that’s being developed. From what I’ve read about it, it seems to be similar to those “real life RP” servers in Arma and Gmod.

I can definitely see a sandbox mode working for offline mode, so you can try things out if you feel the need - But I don’t think it should be part of online.