Revert the menu music change

I really like the newer main menu music, but I feel like it’s too loud, abrupt, and repetitive - I miss loading up the game and hearing slowly fading synths and chimes. Sudden, loud orchestral music as soon as the menu loads doesn’t feel the same as hearing the ambient tracks that would cycle through on launch.

I forgot what the old one sounded like, but I would really like the option to switch it between different songs.

3 Likes

I think a middle ground can be struck. I thought the old
ambient menu themes were nice but a little too understated to enjoy for me.

1 Like

Being able to select your preferred tracks in the options would be great. I have a lot of nostalgia for the more ambient menu music and it was a very good, relaxing vibe when opening the game

But the new music is also GOOD, just not the vibe I want, personally.

6 Likes

one: really feeling this, I would really be up for the older “BGM 1” to return, I adore it, and new ones sound a bit too uh, “playful” or “child-ish”, I dunno (probably because of what the Plaza has been heading towards visually lately as well)
two:
we should really have option to replace the in-game soundtracks with ours somehow, actually. This and some other places in game have the music I really don’t enjoy, so I have to mute it in the settings, when starting for example a gamemode, and open music I prefer from my PC in the background. I even created a suggestion on that once (hopefully it happens one day u.u)

1 Like

The menu music now randomizes between the new music, old music, fishing music, and the kickstarter song. This will be out for Phase 2’s update.

6 Likes

that’s amazing, thanks a ton - a music selection thing would be really cool in the future, could even change your menu music to different gameworld songs with milestones or something

1 Like

Any chance we could get the option to select what music plays in the menu?

1 Like

that’s an interesting change, but yeah it’d be nice to be able to just choose it. Randomized thing means that it may just pick something I don’t like sometimes and then I’ll still have to go to the sound settings and switch music off and on for another track to start (so I’m not entirely sure if this is right to be marked as a “solution”, seems like just another way of it to be)

2 Likes

this; i’d totally love to be able to pick certain music tracks for the main menu . it’s small , but it’s something i’d totally love to see

1 Like

OH NO
it got worse
Now when I lower the music’s volume down to zero and bring it back up, the menu’s track doesn’t change! So now we can’t even switch the playing song to a nicer one by just doing that
why did you take that opportunity away… please bring it back т.т

UPD: it seems it might have been unintentional and may be related to this [0.14.3.0] Main menu soundtrack keeps repeating

1 Like