Revert Dual Silencers to Their Previous State

With the latest update (0.16.8.0) the Dual Silencers were modified to, according to the developer Trello, “Dual Silencers no longer require primary and secondary, you just need to fire with primary.”

This change on the surface seemed like a good idea, however there’s a slight issue with this idea. Dual Silencers, unless the behavior of them was changed prior, could already shoot all 36 bullets out of the magazine using only the primary fire. Now while this is a bit nonsensical, it’s fine, game balance wise there wasn’t a problem with this.

However, it appears to enact this change, the developers have simply removed the ability to alternate between primary and secondary fire and instead made it so primary fire alternates between the two guns instead of only firing the left gun.

This is a bad change. Dual Silencers have become considerably less interesting to use as it is now simply a regular Handgun that deals less damage and has more ammo. On top of this the weapon has now had its damage output practically halved unless people use an autoclicker, arguably making the weapon even less accessible to regular people if they want to use its maximum potential.

As such I request that this change be reverted, not only does it fail at making the weapon more accessible, it also lowers the skill floor to its use and makes the weapon far less fun to use overall.

wait they changed it?? Omg why
I actually appreciated it when they updated them to make them more unique and made each pistol correspond to each mouse button, I enjoyed it

I’ll be reverting this change.

2 Likes

Glad to hear! Thank you for reverting the change.