Remove timeouts from and/or enable pause for single-player games

Since May at the latest, I’ve only played Minigolf by myself. I host my own server, set the maximum player count to 1, and set it to Friends Only so it doesn’t show up in the server list (or, uh, at least that’s my intention lol).

I sometimes need to stop playing for a few minutes because I am called away from the computer, need to check up on food, or…any number of other things. However, the Minigolf gameworld has strict time limits in place that keep the game rolling along—lol—no matter what, and there’s no way to disable those or even pause the game.

The time limits make perfect sense for multiplayer games because…well, why should someone else have to wait for someone who suddenly walks away for an undisclosed amount of time! But when I’m playing by myself, it makes no sense, and I’m consistently being penalized for having a life at the same time I’m playing a casual game. I’ve had to step away from a solo game right after starting it before, and I’ve returned only to discover that I’m now magically on Hole 5, having earned no points or Units and having no way of going back other than closing the server and creating a new one, requiring all the time for loading and settings as before.

My suggestion is to detect the maximum number of players on the server, and if it’s set to 1, disable the time limits and automatic progression. Because it’s a really silly feature for one person.