Readable books

I’m all for things that add more roleplaying possibilities. :smiley_cat:

But obviously, like @Drachen says, it certainly doesn’t need to take priority.

I was only 9 years old. I loved Zak so much. I had all the games and merchandise.

In life there are people that read books and people who play games. I want to play games not read a book while playing a game.

1 Like

I like the idea of being able to create your own books.

But as others have also said, its more of a workshop thing. In saying that, there being a library in the Plaza with loads of books (all categorized) would be awesome.

It could be like a IG forum. People post a Topic (Book) with its category, others then can review it or flag it if its just hate speech.

Uh…so just don’t read the book then (assuming they add this). It’s very selfish to just be like I don’t like this, so no one should have it. It’s not like they would force a book to pop up on your screen every now and then and force you to read it before you could close it. I personally love reading and love playing video games. One of my favorite things to do in The Elder Scrolls games is to read the books. In a virtual world game, I’m all for them add more things to do.

2 Likes

I like the concept of reading books in Elder Scrolls because it adds to the lore.
Maybe they could have lore for TU.

I don’t think people typically play this kind of game for lore.

The way I see it, I think the best solution for books is to allow the suite owner to write in the book and have it as an interactive furniture item that anyone can read. No one else can write in it (unless given permission i guess).

Tower doesn’t have any lore, aside from @Zak’s joke version regarding Tower being heaven.
Still, it’d be cool to see readable books put to use in some shape or form in the game.

Heck, it could work really well on that co-op horror gamemode for giving map specific lore, instructions, clues and allsorts!

Like Panic at Horror Hill

Yeah, that’s what she’s talking about. She said “that co-op horror gamemode”.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the name I was looking for. Was like 1AM during my last post and I was too tired to think ahah.

Maybe you could even upload a picture or even draw one for the cover, so you can tell the difference between them if you place them in your condo.

On the old GMT forums myself and JB2448 suggested a readable version of 1948, but I’m not sure if it was introduced. However, being able to read-write books, and use a freeware source of writing to grab books from (upload sites with text etc, so it’s all freeware being grabbed for us readers out there wanting to get 2x immersed) would add a rather cool little part to GMT, and you could even market your own writing for the game, perhaps. Either way, allowing reading and the like would be a cool feature.