Private models/ sellable models

This may be selfish lol, but i don’t like the idea of putting in work into creating a model for myself and then having it be public and allowing everyone else to use it when I specifically made it for myself. Is it possible in the future where we could upload models for private use or even perhaps have it so that people could sell their models like “If you wish to use this model, it will cost 3k units” which would go to the model creator?

Devs have already stated that models will not be sellable.

8 Likes

“sellable models”

It’s going to be like the Skyrim workshop all over again.

oh wait it’s not real money

2 Likes

You can make them private but only people marked as contributors can see it IIRC.

3 Likes

It’s “Creation Club Credits”

And oh hey! You could get horse armor for $5!! Wow what a steal!

(Not like I have 200+ mods installed for free)

Because of the way Workshop works, this won’t be happening. Basically for other people to see your model, they have to be able to download it and by extension have it for themselves to use. And of course purchasing workshop models brings a whole slew of problems since they can change over time, get banned, not be high quality, etc.

In other words, sorry it ain’t happening :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Private models were being considered. I didn’t see a definite answer in them not becoming an option in the future. A few people voiced that they wanted private models as well, including myself.

I’ve seen a handful of different people asking for them and the response was the same every time. Unless I completely misunderstood the devs, private models just won’t happen unless it’s clientside.

Private models literally aren’t possible, due to how steam workshop works. As soon as you mark a model as private, no one else can see it. Steam workshop just doesn’t support the ability to make a model private and yet, still be viewable to everyone.

2 Likes

I was marked as a contributor to one of Searith’s models which is private. It allows me to see it im pretty sure.

Yes. Any contributors to a model can see it but no one else.