Practice option to prevent/reduce vote kick issue?

Here’s the thing.

If a person hosts but only wants friends to play there’s a friends only option.

However if they miss this…

You can join a game where only the host is playing and get kicked instantly by the host - presumably as they want to practice(?).

So can we either have…

A more obvious friends only option

A practice option so the game does not appear on the servers list

I don’t think preventing a host from kicking would work, however its frustrating when it happens.

Thoughts?

this would be useful.

When I want to play alone I simply change the max players to 1 at the top right when creating a game

1 Like

My plan was to do that.

8 Likes

my hope is that the menu will get redone with a lot more features to it like ping and such on the game menus, and also more direct private/friend only games and such, and also view only friends games or sort by game thumbnail rather than the title and such,
also with it i hope we can customise the menu more, since right now the menu feels less personal to use and instead i think it is just there and can get kind of repetitive and annoying to see, but if we had more customisation to the menu like being able to change the background, colours of the boarders and how we see the servers and what order it will feel a lot cooler, kind of like the GMT condo OS customisation but with more stuff to it.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people who simply just host public servers to kick people who join…

1 Like

thats sad.

Sadly this (instant kick) has happened to me several times in the last few attempts to join a server. Hence, in part, the suggestion. If folk want to play on their own, why not make it easy for them to do so?

Forgot you could reduce the number of players to 1, but then I’m happy for anyone to join the games I host.

1 Like

Sometimes when playing a lot back to back with friends we forget to check the friends only, then instead of wasting time to re-host it’s much easier to just kick all joiners. Having a popup like the condo’s after selecting start game would most definitely work wonders.

2 Likes

i think it’s a nice idea becuz i want to practice one hole to make sure i can get HIO in a game,but now i always play a whole game and practice it one time,it’s annoing to me.

1 Like