Portal Gun

I could see this getting abused so quickly.

“I’m going to take a walk to the store toda-” Gets stuck in infinite portal loop by jackass troll

This is exactly why the device should be limited to the condos only

I’ve also had the idea to make a portal gun. About copyright: does that mean gmtower is also breaking the rules?

I would guess so, but at least the core game of Tower Unite won’t be.

I would say condo owners only, as multiple portal colors would be a pain in the ass to get two different colors that aren’t being used already.

Well, it wouldn’t be that hard to recognize your own portals if somehow two random portal colors looked similar. In fact, if each portal was assigned a random RGB color value, then mathematically, there would be a one in 256^3 chance that any one portal gets a specific color. I’ve made a quick image to showcase some possible color combinations:

Colors may be similar, but if you know what you’ve done with your portals and what they look like, it shouldn’t be hard to differentiate between your own portals and someone else’s portals. Furthermore, restricting a feature like that because of color control seems silly, because it never seemed like an issue in the first place.

Edit: Oh, and one final thing. Perhaps players can manually choose the colors of their portals, which would theoretically solve any confusion with the colors and be a nice feature.

about the copyright from valve, valve is one of the best gaming companies out there, when sven coop wanted to release the entire campaign of hl1 for free and add a coop mode valve allowed them to do it for free, the game is free and valve is taking no money at all, so if tower unite wanted to add a portal gun which is just part of a game made by valve, i see valve saying yes.

3 Likes

Can you make something from other indie game like a “wormhole gun” design from the Henry Stickmin collection to avoid copyright concerns? This should do the design’s justice.