Plaza Minigames Voting System

I think a system where players can vote for the next game to be played in the Event Circle would be very nice and beneficial to the game. People might want to try out the new mini games that were recently added more than others, and some might just favor playing some games more than others. I know many people agree with me on this idea. What are your thoughts or changes you would make?

This sounds like a good idea, but I also need to show what minigames are coming up next too and when. Kinda like in GMT we had a little ticker on the HUD for it.

15 Likes

Would love to see both of these ideas implemented. I haven’t actually even played the 2 new minigames yet because I don’t get on too often and when I do, they just never come up.

2 Likes

My concern with voting is that, once the novelty of new minigames is lost, people will spam a specific set of games, diminishing the variety. It would be better just to cycle randomly through the games, not repeating one until all of the others have shown up once.

2 Likes

Maybe making the random chance of a game higher like boosting it by 10-20% but other ones can come it’s just that the preferred ones will have a higher chance to pop up (the boost of chances will go away once that mini game is activated and finished then it goes back to a normal chance

Uh…ok? What’s wrong with people wanting to play what they actually enjoy? The current alternative is playing one you don’t like or just not playing.

2 Likes

I feel like some minigames would very rarely get a chance to be played if voting were to be enabled. You’d either end up with people picking the ones that maximize exp/unit gain, or stick to a couple favourites while the others are never touched.

2 Likes

As far as I’ve seen, they all give roughly the same xp/units. And like I asked before, what’s wrong with people playing what they like? If some games rarely get picked, then clearly not many people want to play them.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with playing what you like, but not everybody likes the same things. If I were in the minority here, I’d almost never get to play my favourite minigames. I don’t see much of a problem with having minigames simply cycle so that every minigame occurs reasonably often instead. If one pops up that I don’t like, I personally wouldn’t mind simply waiting another 15 minutes for a different minigame.

The biggest upside I can see to a cycle is that it removes some uncertainty. With the current system, you could potentially get Balloon Shoot or something 3 times in a row. If I want to try out Chainsaw Battle or Booze Bash, I have to wait for who knows how long until RNG picks it. I’m happy to sit out of some older events if I know “In one hour, Chainsaw Battle will be up!”

2 Likes

Fair enough. I suppose that would be a good compromise

1 Like