Player speed balance suggestion

I’ll keep it relatively short. I have been playing a lot more Virus since getting back into TU because of a couple friends, and one thing we have noticed through a great majority of matches is the fact that one possible strategy to win as a Survivor team is to simply run away from the Infected, and nothing more. Indefinitely.
You don’t even need to shoot them dead. If your survivor team can manage to simply continue to endlessly run away from an Infected, that player has to rely on a lucky respawn to have even the slightest chance to trap and infect someone. This is ESPECIALLY noticeable in matches with less total players, as less survivors mean more chasing individual players around the large map.
The issue is also mostly present because, unlike the Survivor team, the Infected have no form of ranged attack, which means they have a massive disadvantage, given they HAVE to manage to gain on the Survivors to spread the infection (which is impossible if running speeds are the same for both teams).

Because of this, I suggest that the devs make it so the Infected (even the normal ones, and not ONLY the Enraged Patient Zero) have a slightly higher running speed than the Survivors, to prevent this issue. That way, the Survivors are not perpetually at a massive advantage against a low number of infected.

actually goated suggestion

The infected already do move slightly faster than survivors. I personally haven’t had games where the survivors just run away from the infected and win.

If this really is an issue that happens a lot then I guess I wouldn’t hate if the infected’s speed was bumped up, but there’s usually other reasons the infected don’t win (survivors huddle up and gun them down, patient zero infected someone who then left so they can’t get enraged despite being the only infected, etc etc)

5 Likes

I see this often enough that I think I might make a suggestion.