Player Ghosts

Will the plaza ghosts eventually come back? I mostly play on empty servers and it was nice seeing player ghosts from other servers. Sorry if this was asked before

5 Likes

maybe also add an option for more visible flares for people who are on your friend list (like 2-4x the size of the normal flare with maybe special colour )
while also making the name, (adding profile picture) and chat above them really big so you can tell what friend it is
and random people can be default

(maybe it wouldn’t be useful to you since from what i remember you dont add people, but would still be a cool useful addition to have for people in general, especially since friends i would like to see get lost in the sea of random other people since they all look the same, or used to before it got disabled)

6 Likes

I hope so, but they honestly ruined the game for me when they were ingame. I have a very bad internet connection, and a low-end pc. Having sometimes 30+ ghosts around me would tank my performance and internet connection.

There was always an option to disable them

1 Like

Oh, had no clue about it.

They will probably come back around the time halloween begins since that is when they were planned to be present the last time, and the time before that.

They could also add the ability to change what you see of players in other servers, would be fun to see ghost looking for eggs during easter.

1 Like

I meant the player wisps, not the literal ghosts

I honestly forgot about these (wasnt playing for a while during the time they were removed) but now that you mention it, it is odd that they just vanished. I don’t recall any mention of it in the forums. It was a neat feature, and as previously stated, it could be disabled. Adding on top of the friends thing, it would be neat if you could interact with a friend’s wisp and have the option to join the server that they are on.

They were removed at some point around the Easter Update.

17-07-2019_08-07-54

I don’t think they should be re-implemented without reworks. In their current form, they really aren’t that helpful - sure, it’s nice to know that there are people on other servers, but what am I going to do with that information if I can’t interact with them in any way?

3 Likes

They’ll likely return, but they need lots of reworking. The main concern was that new players were confused by what they were. Also they caused issues for minigames (which can be fixed). I think my ultimate issue with them was that you couldn’t interact with them all that much. When the rework is done, one of my goals would be to make it much more interactive (showing player profile and information), show their hats (or use upgrades to change the look of them per player), etc.

11 Likes

I think having them off by default would make it less confusing for new players

1 Like

Wouldn’t that make the feature never used then?

2 Likes

@macdguy I think the idea you had works better. The ghosts are a cool feature but the little whisps seem rather lackluster as far as the feature is concerned. Perhaps you could have small floating robots with the headwear they have on attached? Largely the design is up to you but it would be a neat idea to me to have flying roomba disc bots rather than barely visible wisps.

As long as it’s obvious for new players to tell that the wisps aren’t loading playermodels, this would work better than having it off by default. That was the main question flooding global chat when they were around. One way this could be done is like how you mentioned player cosmetics/etc on the wisp but currently the default wisp looks like a loading playermodel (even though it’s different than the actual placeholder loading model). Maybe have the robots from the Upgrades store(?) and then seasonal ones such as the ghosts for Halloween and a sun for Summer

Having their chat messages linger above their head and the ability to select and either ‘join group’ or ‘join server’ would be great and make them loads more practical. I think you guys were already playing with similar ideas, if not those exact ones.

Also love the idea of custom ghosts.

chat messages were placed above the wisps if they talked in global chat

2 Likes

Oh wow I didn’t even know. I just noticed they went away, never got a chance to see it.

1 Like