Player Blocking

Card

https://trello.com/c/MZ2zpfNH/168-player-blocking

Description

The ability to block certain players from voice, chat, and visual. Useful to block players you don’t want to see, hear, or read. Client side only.

6 Likes

Will there be any way to check if a player has blocked you as well? Just in case you’re trying to talk to someone without being able to get any response, would clear up a lot of confusion.

And what about visual blocking, does that work in game worlds too?

2 Likes

I doubt it, since people tend to cry a lot about it, beg or getting other people to do their shittalk for them.

Blocking would be already noticable, if the person that blocks you isn’t responding to you.

What if the person is just being AFK or busy? If there is no way to check, people are going to think that they’re getting blocked even if that might not be the case.

If the person isn’t responding to them while he’s active (not afk), then there is a chance that he might have blocked the person.

I have seen most games where you won’t really notice that you got blocked. The only way I could see this being noticeable, is when you can’t join his condo. Although I agree, there could be a slightly hint about getting blocked, rather than having to guess it. We will see what MacD and the rest will do about it.

Even steam doesn’t tell you directly that the person blocked you, unless he removes you or you start to request a trade.

Yeah I don’t think it’s a good idea to let another person know that you blocked them. Seems like that would only exacerbate the issue.

Visual blocking will only happen in the Lobby as you need to see them in Game Worlds.

3 Likes

Yeah I suppose it could, thanks for the answer.

[ul][li]Card has been closed.[/li][/ul]

2 Likes