Placeable camera (static or animated)

VRChat or gmod have those so that we could place one and then watch ourselves from thirdperson, but fixated from a point we placed camera into.
That could work for blog-like recordings or potentially film ideas, which doesn’t work as well when the camera is unrealistically fixated on the player or behind them.
Now, that’s just half of the fun part. But what if we could make this kind of cameras animated, like with keyframes of their position and rotation so that they would move where we want them to and how we want them to? Beautiful cinematic sequences and so on; I think the game could benefit well from the fanbase being able to make videos like that!
so yeah, that would be awesome

This seems like something that would come along with Condo I/O. Though due to how unoptimised UE4 cameras are by default (it takes a lot of work to make them remotely as optimised as Source or Unity ones) that might pose some issues.

1 Like

oh, what I didn’t tell is having it in Plaza. So in this case I guess it wouldn’t be a real item visible for everyone - only you would see yours.
I think the Plaza is the main thing for me which would benefit from this because it’s big, it looks mostly pretty, and recording animated sequences like that in it would be hella awesome.
But well, even without moving the camera, being able to record yourself in Plaza like that feels really cool.

2 Likes