Placable Collection Books

Imgur
Imgur

Above are some mock-up Collection Books placed in my Condo. The designs may be used as any Developer wishes in any way, in the event they are worked into Tower Unite.

Something I have been thinking about was ways to share personal achievements in your Condo. Placing them on tables, on bookshelves, sliding one beside your oven, somewhere personal with all three in one place. You can purchase as many as you’d like, and they will all display the same information from their respective categories.

They would be accessed by clicking “E” anywhere on them.

The books included are:
-A book for Achievements, which is just like viewing your own Achievements tab in your Collection Book, but seeing the accomplishments of the book owner. Other people can see how far along on any given goal you are by reading the book.
-A Fishing Journal can show off how accomplished an angler you are, filling out for everything you catch from Fishing, from species to junk.
If you read about a Fish in another Journal, it will appear as “Seen” to yourself and others, and remain grayed out.
If you catch a Fish, it will appear colored in and as “Caught” to yourself and others.
An Achievement attached to having seen a certain amount of species in other player’s journals specifically would be neat!
-Lastly is a Cook Book. I don’t know yet how Cooking will work as it has yet to release, but the Cook Book will work similarly to the Fishing Journal. It will fill out as you experience new foods, making them and eating them. Looking in other’s Cook Books can teach you a little bit as well.
Seeing a brand new food in somebody’s Cook Book will fill out the name.
Being served a brand new food by somebody else will add a new picture of that food to your Cook Book in addition to the name.
Cooking a brand new food will fill the proper recipe into your Cook Book, in addition to adding a new picture and filling out the name.

Imgur

The little locks on the books will go from Bronze to Silver to Gold as you fill out each book more and more. Achieving the golden level will make the books glow as shown above (with an Edit menu option to toggle this)
I imagine the level in which your books ‘upgrade’ would be something like these:
Bronze - 0% to 49% filled
Silver - 50% to 84% filled
Gold - 85% to 100% filled

I like the idea, kinda reminds me of how you could look at other players’ stamps in Club Penguin back in the day. I do think I’d like if the glow was optional though. Having a bunch of glowing books would make it impossible to just store the books on a shelf or something without it looking weird :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

An optional glow would be nice, yeah. Perhaps just a simple toggle in the Edit menu~

1 Like

I’d like a cook book which worked like Little Inferno’s combo page, giving hints as to what can be combined and how many ingredients:

1 Like

Imgur
Wouldn’t need to be identical to this, I only want to suggest the general idea here. But I imagined it would look something like this

4 Likes