Piano player

Hello everyone,

I know it’s been a while… But the whole automation software debate and such demoted me to continue working on the autoplayer. However, I did continue to look for a solution to “the black key problem” for a while, though I was unable, still, to solve the problem.

However, I’ve been thinking about some quality of life changes for the software that, if there is an interest from users of the software, I would like to try to implement. I have two features that I am going to suggest here and then another feature that I am not yet ready to discuss here :stuck_out_tongue:

Feature #1:
Ability to use x# as a prefix for continous duplicate notes rather than having to write every continous duplicate note.
Here is an image as an example:

Feature #2:
Ability to make note groups, which I have choosen to call “music pieces” or just “pieces”, which would essentially be a way to write a set of notes once, and then use it as many times in the future as you want.
Here is an image as an example of this feature:

So yea, these are some ideas that I’ve been thinking about, so I would very much like to hear from you guys if anyone is still interested in using this autoplayer and would like to see these changes, or if autoplayers are no longer used in general and I therefore would waste my time :wink:

Regarding the black key problem, I saw a reply on another thread for another autoplayer from the developer of said autoplayer that they think the events for keys like shift is blocked by the developers within the coding in order to prevent autoplayers from working properly. This is only speculation though! It would be nice to get an official statement on this as it’s taken quite a bit of people a very long time to come up with a solution that, at this time, seems impossible to find sadly.

Lastly, I have not yet recieved any messages about my software resulting in a VAC ban. I don’t know if that’s because everyone stopped using it, or because it is not considered cheating. But I still would like to point out that condos, at the time of writing this, are VAC secured and there might be a chance that automation software (in general) may result in a ban. So be careful of your use of the software and where you use it!

Well, that’s all from me for now!
Regards.
Matias.

4 Likes