Piano chords are picky

This has been with the piano for as long as I can remember but I thought I’d bring it up anyway.

So it’s well known that there’s plenty of note combinations that just don’t wanna work together for whatever reason, and I don’t know a lot of them just to list them off the top of my head, but I’m sure there’s someone out there who knows all of them better than I do and would be more than happy to compile a list of them.

The example in this one is simply [wry]

As you can see, I can press [wr] but y will not press, sustain, or even be heard. I have to let go of [wr] in order to hear y, and that means that I have to arpeggiate the chord in order to get the full effect of the triad.

It seems to be rooted in the fact that it doesn’t want to press more than two of these notes at once, because I can [wr] and [wy] and even [ry] but not [wry]

I remember this as well from Gmod Tower’s piano, and still deal with it using the drums we have now. Could have something to do with key-rollover.

Most likely a key rollover issue, yes.

Sounds like you might need to get a keyboard with n-key rollover, as I can press that chord fine.

I don’t think it’s key rollover, because I can press other chords just fine.

[tuo]

I can even go all the way up to five keys at once

[etuop]

but just certain keys don’t like to be pressed in combination. I can press wry all together in notepad all at once, I only have this issue with the piano.

“GMT Piano Portable

Where do I get this.

Here’s the thread for it

http://www.gmtower.org/forums/index.php?topic=4818.0

Also, try redownloading it or consider leaving it up to key rollover. I have a Logitech G910 and I can hit all of these with a fresh download. Here’s a gif of me pressing [wry], [tuo], and [etuop].

After the redownload, I do believe this might just be a key rollover problem. I have a K520 and lots of people seem to have rollover issues with the series, I might just need a new keyboard.

That being said, can anyone recommend a wireless mechanical keyboard?