Pacifist Achievements

Pacifist achievements involving surviving on a certain map without shooting guns/killing zombies would be an interesting achievement to add. I think it should also restrict the usage of adrenaline. Removing adrenaline also adds a needed difficulty as it can be pretty easy to survive without shooting in a small lobby, or a big lobby where everyone is grouped up.

In my eyes, it would be akin to the achievements in Ball Race where you have to beat a map without dying, the Mini Golf achievements requiring par or below, or the achievements in Little Crusaders requiring you to become Count in a certain map.

I think this could be pretty cool

I like the idea! I think the restrictions are a little too strict. I think as long as you don’t kill anyone, you get the achievement. Maybe still allow the ability to use adrenaline and the ability to still take some health from an infected without killing them.

1 Like

As interesting as it sounds I’m not a huge fan of this idea.

Virus is a team based game and there’s a huge difference in payouts depending on which side wins. I feel like incentivizing pacifism would be unhealthy for team balance, especially when the infected already win way more often than the survivors. Having one or more players not helping the rest of the team would be a burden and would make it way more difficult to win as a survivor.

I’m still completely open to discussing this because I really like the sound of the idea, it just doesn’t seem like it would play out well if added as is.

8 Likes

Or just have a mutator that takes away the weapons for the survivors making it a glorified game of tag.

that would just make the infected win 99.99% of the time though since survivors have to rely on their guns to survive for longer than 5 seconds

3 Likes

as much as i dislike when survivors kept using overpowered weapons like the crossbow, dynamite, charged rifle and double barrel shotgun, while also kept hogging the same spot together against a single infected (probably with bad ping too)

that would make playing as a survivor pointless, even if it’s as a mutator, it would lose it’s interests fast.

2 Likes

Would be more interesting if it was a “No one hit kill” achievement. Weaker weapons only!

4 Likes

When you put it that way, encouraging pacifist would definitely negatively impact the gamemode as a whole. When I thought about the achievement originally, I pictured one person per round going for the achievement.

Anyway, I don’t think there would be a way to incorporate this without encouraging pacifism in some way. Another comment also mentioned turning it into a mutator, but I don’t think that anyone would pick that over regular virus. Maybe just add a small point bonus for not killing a zombie?

1 Like